Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

kneemos wrote: »
    Love to hear a TV or Radio debate without a SF representative.

Interesting to hear Mary Lou saying "speaking objectively", as if we needed any reassurance that all of Sinn Fein policies werent actually driven by populism as opposed to a true will to make the country a better place..

I'm sure the Sinn Fein electoral machine will be delighted to hear Mary Lou proposing public sector cuts in the HSE. I'd say the last time a Shinner got that much of a surprise from a transistor was when they mistakenly touched the wrong wires on their electronics project..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,947 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'm sure the Sinn Fein electoral machine will be delighted to hear Mary Lou proposing public sector cuts in the HSE. I'd say the last time a Shinner got that much of a surprise from a transistor was when they mistakenly touched the wrong wires on their electronics project..

Elektor Magazine, of course.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Is this the real Bill or the Apres Match Bill?

It's hard to know with RTÉ these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can see them ditching the match tonight in favour of a two hour This Is Your Life special for Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Daragh Moloney will take over

not good:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Daragh Moloney will take over

not good:(

Is Giles, Brady & Dunphy retiring as well?

1990 again.

Every radio discussion on the current World Cup gets back to Italia 90 at some stage.

No mention of Michelle Smith or Waterford Crystal among the 'druggies' there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I wonder what Bill has lined up? radio panelist perhaps...

Lapin wrote: »
    1990 again.

Every radio discussion on the current World Cup gets back to Italia 90 at some stage.

well we did win it

• Advertisement

Bill knows all about working with people who are 'drunk on the job'.

I love telephone line delays.

At least the story had a happy ending. The doctor moved to Galway and opened up a record shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Gareth Brooks AGAIN!! :rolleyes:

im glad she finds the weather forecast funny

She's German. She's probably feeling a bit giddy about tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She's suffering from a blocking high system

No mention of Michelle Smith or Waterford Crystal among the 'druggies' there.

That's a good point.. Seems it is the right time for Bill to go. He memory is getting selective...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

Is this the real Bill or the Apres Match Bill?

It's hard to know with RTÉ these days.

...and what was it that RTÉ did to confuse you from distinguishing between the two?

• Advertisement

I know some people think my political views lie to the right of Adolf Hitler.... But I honestly believe that the death penalty should be used in particular cases...

The jurors "chickened out"... What right has Marion to say that... If any of the jurors had looked across the court at Steve Collins, whose son was shot and had to leave the country when he gave evidence, who in their right mind would trust the Irish state to protect them from a similar fate??

What sort of men do we have in the guards who are afraid of criminals?

Problem is, when a hard line is taken against scum, you get all the bleeding hearts and 'oh, they were just mis-understood growing up' assholes raising sh!te in the media about polis brutality.
    We can't have it both ways, but society needs to turn a blind eye to the necessary dispensation of brutality to brutal people as, quite literally, it's the only language they understand.
    Sorry chaps, but a few bodies have to swing from lampposts to sort this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd say it's the kid gloves that is the problem.
    How many threads have we read when a bit of force is used.
    Can't blame the garda at all. they have to play with the cards they're dealt and remains within the rules.

I can fully understand why anybody in the justice system would be reluctant to make an enemy of one of these guys.... At the drop of a hat we have seen murderers released from jail on the merest of technicalities.. giving them the whole day (after collecting the dole) to plot how to get back at you if you have done something to put yourself in their crosshairs...

If you take Dundon for example. Steve Collins admitted himself that the case against Dundon was not as strong as Nathan Killeen.. Dundon will invariably appeal and he could be back on the street very easily if they can discredit some of the witnesses or prosecution evidence.. Unfortunately, they are allowed to plead "civil rights" when they do little to respect other people's civil rights, particularly their victims..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Some how i dont think the life that lad had before the refugee camp was REMOTELY like marions.

:D

Some how i dont think the life that lad had before the refugee camp was REMOTELY like marions.

:D

I have to say I did laugh when he said that... I dont know many of the ex-refugees who got 500k a year for four hours work a week, and took six months holidays!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

I know some people think my political views lie to the right of Adolf Hitler.... But I honestly believe that the death penalty should be used in particular cases...

The problem in this country is the bleeding heart liberals would rather jail you for that opinion than jail the gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I wouldn't go all the way there with you but IMO the problem is we turn a blind eye to low level crime - the so called ani-social behaviour. Thus giving tacid support to those who engage in it, they then naturally progress getting more and more brazen in the process until they are eventually so vicious that they are to all intents and purposes above the law - a law they have total contempt for anyway.

Marian was way out of order with her "chickened out" comment ... love to know how brave she'd be in similar circumstances. She should apologise for that comment IMO.

I though it quite amusing (but telling) that it was the incident with the mobile/remote control that upset the learned judge ... with the greatest respect there was a lot about that case that was far more upsetting to those of us not in the rarefied atmosphere the judges inhabit.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: can we keep things on topic, please. If you want to talk about issues you have with the justice system etc. please do so in the forum most appropriate. Radio is for discussing radio.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Callan57 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go all the way there with you but IMO the problem is we turn a blind eye to low level crime - the so called ani-social behaviour. Thus giving tacid support to those who engage in it, they then naturally progress getting more and more brazen in the process until they are eventually so vicious that they are to all intents and purposes above the law - a law they have total contempt for anyway.

Marian was way out of order with her "chickened out" comment ... love to know how brave she'd be in similar circumstances. She should apologise for that comment IMO.

I though it quite a mustn't (but telling) that it was the incident with the mobile/remote control that upset the learned judge ... with the greatest respect there was a lot about that case that was far more upsetting to those of us not in the rarefied atmosphere the judges inhabit.

Only when its brought to the judges own doorstep do they comprehend what fear people like Steve Collins and he's family must be suffering

Sorry just seen warning after post!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That Collins interview was unreal, I was glued to the radio. Unbelievable stuff, all that poor family suffered over the last few years. I hope he gets more airtime on other stations too, the story needs to be heard.

Marion: "Whatever happened to giving out jobs based on ability?"....

Was this same presenter not driving the gender quota bus yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Lucinda with her ' holier than thou 'attitude is only barely disguising her absolute bitterness towards kenny and not even disguising her egotism .

I reckon the civil servants in most departments regard junior ministers as an even bigger thorn in the side than senior ministers.

They'd much rather get on with doing their job of ruining running the country without any ministers at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Oops69 wrote: »
    Lucinda with her ' holier than thou 'attitude is only barely disguising her absolute bitterness towards kenny and not even disguising her egotism .

One guess which department left her to fend for herself!!

Why is there no mention of the thugs who took over the plane crash site? or no mention of the fact that a BUK missile system (missing one missile) was seen headed back to the Russian border? It really has all the look of the usual sloppy Russian cover up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Marion: "Whatever happened to giving out jobs based on ability?"....

Was this same presenter not driving the gender quota bus yesterday?

Am bemused at all this noise about disgruntled women TDs. The day before the
    junior ministries were announced, the media was full of tales about the unhappy
    rural backbenchers and their fears that Enda was going to give most of the jobs
    to the Dublin TDs. Look how that turned out. He was damned if he did and
    damned if he didn't. No wonder Taoisigh shy away from reshuffles. Create
    more problems than they solve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

I never knew Gerry Daly was so knowledgeable about planes and stuff!

One of those 'apps' the Gerry Daly sounding fella is on about.

Just click on one of the planes to find out what it is and where's it's off to.

I think it's a great site.

http://www.flightradar24.com/CKS205/3dc0578

• Advertisement

The black boxes are orange as it makes them easier to locate in wreckage and under water.

" nobody likes to have their own area fingered ,so to speak " says Marion:eek:

Why is there no mention of the thugs who took over the plane crash site? or no mention of the fact that a BUK missile system (missing one missile) was seen headed back to the Russian border? It really has all the look of the usual sloppy Russian cover up...

Did you not know Leonid Brezhnev is still alive ? Same thugs , different regime .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

.... and of course no mention of the middle classes who fueled the drug trade

Callan57 wrote: »
    .... and of course no mention of the middle classes who fueled the drug trade

All it takes is for everybody else to simply ignore drug use of the middle class and absolve themselves of having any responsibility for the problem... A bit like RTE did with Gerry Ryan..

Galway Arts Week ad publicising three gigs that have already taken place and one upcoming gig that has been sold out for days. :(

Event reminder for Garth Brooks.... LOL :pac:

It's hilarious that they're still trying to have a hillbilly redneck festival :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I didn't catch the name of the aviation expert on the Malaysian airlines discussion but he gave a very informative and neutral input.

• Advertisement

It's hilarious that they're still trying to have a hillbilly redneck festival :D

YeeHaw!
    Stetsons at the ready.
    Well, if it keeps some people happy, let them have it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement