Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I still dont understand why she brings five guests in to studio and barely talks to them for the hour.. You can be sure that at least half of them will be gone after noon... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I still dont understand why she brings five guests in to studio and barely talks to them for the hour.. You can be sure that at least half of them will be gone after noon... :confused:
    and they're being paid !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And one of them is usually just off a plane or has a plane to catch.

Almost every week.

Marian, if it's the week when you had Mary Hanafin and Mary O'Rourke on the panel, I'll throw the bomb in to the studio myself..

Wow after 4 years this thread is still running ? 288 posts ?

Researchers googling like mad to prove this man wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I don't think Ebola works quite that quickly.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Why the discussion on crappy US Presidents?

Is there a book out?

If so, expect George Hook to continue on this topic for a fortnight.

Nixon certainly did a lot of underhand things and had a huge chip on his shoulder.. But he was a very impressive man in other ways.. He helped to pull the troops out of Vietnam, tried to make peace with the Russians and the Chinese.... I really like his final speech to White House staff..

Did myles read his ' compendium of American presidents ' last night , total lack of objectivity , and does he call himself a journalist ?

• Advertisement

I think history will show 'Baroque' Obama up as one of the most inept, indecisive and useless people ever to sit in the oval office.

But hey, at least he has one lasting legacy to look back on.

A service station on the M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Oops69 wrote: »
    Did myles read his ' compendium of American presidents ' last night , total lack of objectivity , and does he call himself a journalist ?

Worse he considers himself a "historian" :rolleyes:

Does Marian have a problem with the starvation of a million people on this island being referred to as 'The Great Famine' ?

I'm made very, very uneasy with all this glorification of war ... reminds me very much of what was going on prior to WW1

'Great' means ' largest ' in this context Marion , I thought she spent the whole friggin week ' researching ' .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

'Great' means ' largest ' in this context Marion , I thought she spent the whole friggin week ' researching ' .

Exactly so. It's surprising the number who don't know that. It's a measure of how much of a legacy it left on various national psyches that it was called that subsequently, and also an indication of how meanings shift. I blame the DJs - everything from Tony Blackburn on was Great, Fantastic, Marvellous.
    Oh, Oh, Oh, What a Lovely War.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Damn - If Myles broke out in poetry about 30 seconds earlier I would have won the euro bet I had with herself. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

Lapin wrote: »
    I think history will show 'Baroque' Obama up as one of the most inept, indecisive and useless people ever to sit in the oval office.
    The many poor Americans, who now have health insurance, and who can now go to the doctor for the first time in years, wouldn't agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I listened to the podcast on American Presidents last night. I'm not a fan of Myles Dungan and his contribution on this subject reflected why I don't like listening to him. Unlike the other participants he was very one-sided with his comments. There was a female contributor and she was great at ensuring it was a more measured discussion, e.g. if someone suggested x was a bad President, she referred to the economic conditions etc. Even Marion was trying to look at the pros and cons of suggested Presidents.

• Advertisement

"One of the things, a point was made by a guest on the programme a couple of weeks ago, that when The Wall came down, you know, and compared it to what had happened after the Second World War where there was the Marshall Plan and all that, but when The Wall came down and people said, "Well there you go…Communism was a disaster" - mind you, since then, we know Capitalism isn't that brilliant either, but that's another day's story - and that, you know, by Europe cosying up to Ukraine and by expanding Nato and all of that, it was kind of like rubbing the Russians' in general, but most particularly, Vladamir Putin's nose in it, and that he also has to, as it were, defend Russian pride and dignity."

^ I think she's outdone the above with her intro this morning.. She nearly needed to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find her way back to the original question she was supposed to be asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I wonder if Richard will review this book:

$_35.JPG

We had Mary Hanafin's re-election campaign launched by RTE on the Marian Finucane show a while back... Is this RTE helping to start the re-election campaign for Conor Lenihan now as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays i bet life in russia is Sooooooo different to life in FF !

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So Conor is now working in a place full of corruption, blackmail fraud and deceit.

Must be just like being in Fianna fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

C`mon Marian ask the the question " Conor, are you going to stand at the next election?"

• Advertisement

ya know who's buttering his bread with those comments on the crimea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

^ I think she's outdone the above with her intro this morning.. She nearly needed to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find her way back to the original question she was supposed to be asking.

Surely the truly shock g thing is that there were only two "you know"s, you know?

Conor, ye were in Government for 14 years and did nothing to reform, cos it suited yerselves... you can F**k off with your talk of reform... Come on Marian, are you not gonna challenge him on this?

its fupping mad.

its like the bloke hasnt a bulls notion his party of choice was running things for the MAJORITY of the countrys existance.

the reason weve hospitals in the middle of nowhere serving fup all is because your lot needed to buy votes off the jackie healy raes of the world.

god what a tosser.

Its all the publics fault!

• Advertisement

dude_donts6.jpg

I think I'm going to vomit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Good ole Conor losing it in VB :D

only two texts sent in...

... yeah right marion !

I hate the way people throw the word "extraordinary" about ... it's getting like "absolutely" a few years ago

how, in the name of god, is this relevent to ANYONE ?

Celo player FFS.

"When it came to anything physically taxing for my right arm, I couldnt do it"..

:eek:

Watch Marion hamming up her posh accent and dropping composers names for Julian

poor family.

da's a music teacher and so's the ma.

jesus wept.

Watch Marion hamming up her posh accent and dropping composers names for Julian

Ah yes, Charlie Kelly syndrome... when you talk high fellutin in the presence of a person from a superior social class..

• Advertisement

That's why empathy and sympathy are two separate words Marion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

She did not come back from the dead... she wasn't dead! :rolleyes:

Let a 5yr old off with a total stranger -are these people for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Callan57 wrote: »
    Let a 5yr old off with a total stranger -are these people for real?
    I've seen it a fair bit on internal Air France flights here. Children of divorced parents travelling to the other parent, often.

Marian is a northsider.. In the same way that the President is a northsider.

I've seen it a fair bit on internal Air France flights here. Children of divorced parents travelling to the other parent, often.

Imagine a 5yr old on their own on a plane during an emergency...... Good job I don't have kids I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Callan57 wrote: »
    Imagine a 5yr old on their own on a plane during an emergency...... Good job I don't have kids I guess
    Yeah I know. On Air France they have one staff member (separate to the actual crew) who looks after 2 or 3 kids. They are all seated together, with a little flag thing signalling where they are sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

its like the bloke hasnt a bulls notion
    Agree.

Could you make any more noise with the papers?

• Advertisement

John Bruton is very vocal these days, (speaking this time 'in New York, or somewhere in the states').

Is there a book coming out or a plum job vacancy on the horizon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement