Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Stephen O'Byrnes NKC Communications.
    Mary O'Rourke Fianna Fail
    Brian Dowling
    Derbhail MacDonald
    Breda O'Brien Irish Times

Oh and "Diggy"

So a political secretary and RTE staffer, a former politician, a current RTE political reporter, two reporters and a spin doctor....

3 of them are known Fianna Fáil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Diggy - Gamekeeper turned poacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"That's certainly something unusual...."

Derek Mooney on line one.

Pretty childish from Derbhail MacDonald.... She sounds delighted that the winner turned out to be gay so as to ruin the whole thing on the event organisers...

Ironically, the vast majority of those who are deeply critical of 'lovely girls' contests, are deeply unattractive themselves.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Somebody had better get on the phone to Pope Francis. I reckon we'll have a St Albert of Roosky by the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Ironically, the vast majority of those who are deeply critical of 'lovely girls' contests, are deeply unattractive themselves.
    No, it is just hilarious in context of this particular stupid outdated farce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Somebody had better get on the phone to Pope Francis. I reckon we'll have a St Albert of Roosky by the end of the year.
    I actually find the coverage of his life a lot more measured than the farce that happened when Haughey died.

EDIT Or even worse, when Ahern retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Am I at the Fianna Fail Ard Fheis?

Why do we have to be in eternal debt to politicians just because they provide us with decent roads? It's their fcukin job to do these things. Do people in the UK swoon about their motorways? Do they feel the need to thank their MP's because they're able to drive from London to the North of England??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

The third secret of Fatima?? Mudder of god!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

garth Brooks on line 1, he wants Albert inducted into the country Music Hall of Fame

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    No, it is just hilarious in context of this particular stupid outdated farce.

Hoi, the idle rich land / company owning classes have to find suitable gold-diggers somewhere, and it saves all that tedious nightclubbing.

dvcireland wrote: »
    garth Brooks on line 1, he wants Albert inducted into the country Music Hall of Fame

If Albert Reynolds was Taoiseach Garth Brooks would have played twenty nights in Croke Park.

She hasn't missed a Mayo match since she was 10, she's 17 now. I thought she was going to say she's 62.

Nice sound effects there!! :eek:

Mammy's hearing aid perhaps?!

"We'll try and get rid of that squeaky noise."

Right - who's for the door?

squeaky noise = Brian Dowling's annoying accent

Aine's hearing a squeaky noise. I've been hearing it since 11.05, when Mary O'Rourke first opened her gob.

ffs albert and garth, who would of thought

I think this programme / RTE should be aborted and tried again.

I think it's far too easy for the media and other commentators to give out from the sidelines about how this woman was not given access to an abortion... The woman landed in the country and the state knows nothing at all about her expect that she is pregnant and in a state of distress... And the doctors are expected to take (and be responsible for) the decision to kill the child..

It always stuck me as hugely contradictory that many people in this country who view the death penalty for evil criminals as being "abhorrent" think that abortion is a human rights issue.

• Advertisement

Albert even managed the short lived music ensemble, Crystal Swing featuring the Offaly Crooner Brian Cowen
    1%20IMG_2925%20%5B1024x768%5D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I think it's far too easy for the media and other commentators to give out from the sidelines about how this woman was not given access to an abortion... The woman landed in the country and the state knows nothing at all about her expect that she is pregnant and in a state of distress... And the doctors are expected to take (and be responsible for) the decision to kill the child..

It always stuck me as hugely contradictory that many people in this country who view the death penalty for evil criminals as being "abhorrent" think that abortion is a human rights issue.

No more contradictory than those who abhore abortion but actively promote the death penalty & the proliferation of guns ... human nature :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What a fupping stupid question Aine. "Watching the video, how was it for you"
    What do you bloody think!

What a fupping stupid question Aine. "Watching the video, how was it for you" What do you bloody think!

"Less painful that listening to your laugh, Aíne"... :pac:

Just wondering did anybody watch the video?

Nope. After seeing the Begley one a few years ago, it was enough.
    I was filled with fury then, and still am. It's not good for me to feel such hatred, so I won't play their game.

No ... that's what these sickos want & I wouldn't give them the satisfaction

Callan57 wrote: »
    No ... that's what these sickos want & I wouldn't give them the satisfaction

Then I guess I didnt watch it either.. :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

What a fupping stupid question Aine. "Watching the video, how was it for you"
    What do you bloody think!

I couldn't believe my ears when she came out with that. I think even the interviewee was taken aback.

washiskin wrote: »
    I couldn't believe my ears when she came out with that. I think even the interviewee was taken aback.

I think Aine might have been reading "A Guide to Interviewing Techniques" by R.Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A foetus is not a child.

A foetus is not a child.

So when does life begin? And while you're at it, you can tell me how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

A foetus is not a child.

I've yet to see one that didn't turn in to a child, excluding those that were disposed of. But if it makes you feel better then sure, "a foetus is not a child". I'm sure you probably have that in BIG LETTERS on your posters for the rally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

A foetus is not a child.

Time to unsubscribe from this thread for 200 pages or so.

touts wrote: »
    Time to unsubscribe from this thread for 200 pages or so.

I agree it's gone way off topic anyway

Quite so. The Titanic has just hit the iceberg.

• Advertisement

Back to Marian

REV_20131026_LIF_010_29355358_I2.JPG

Back to Marian

She was a good looking woman in her day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

She was a good looking woman in her day.
    She was a good broadcaster in her day.

Something's not right... Marion must be ill or something.. Nobody could get away with taking that many holidays... Not even in RTE...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Something's not right... Marion must be ill or something.. Nobody could get away with taking that many holidays... Not even in RTE...
    Send in a letter of concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Just what the worlds needs today , another dose of IRA apologist crap . All this guy does is talk about ' our rights ' , he obviously never heard of the concept of ' responsibilities '

Why is she talking to Nicky Byrne like he is 15 and heading to his first festival?

50 inches??? :eek: I thought maybe she meant cm but it seems not. :(

RTE going all out this week against the 50 inch waist-ed fat kids.. Maybe it would be more constructive if they stopped advertising coke and sweets during the kids programming?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

these health nazis do my head in.

the problem ISNT the fecking food.

its modern life.

your not built to sit on your arse all day in a school,workplace etc. so ya cant be surprised when ya end up being a fat bastard no matter what ya eat if you do fuk all exercise.

even a "healthy" diet would result in the same if you portions were big enough. wait n see if guys like this get all the "bad" stuff banned , theyll be onto THAT next.

good to see this bloke just trash others claims with no balance from the host though on his stats for them .

job per usual from RTE.

It shouldnt be sold in supermarkets, but it should be sold in an off license.. cos it's at a separate till and we are made more conscious of the purchase.. :rolleyes:

What about if I go in to the supermarket and only buy alcohol, would she be happy with that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I thought that whiskey had come down in price, it was about the only that Linehan reduced tax on when he was hammering everything else with tax and levies

Not a great representative for the Vintners' is she?

Callan57 wrote: »
    Not a great representative for the Vintners' is she?

That's what they get for not having a man in charge.. :D

sudzs wrote: »
    50 inches??? :eek: I thought maybe she meant cm but it seems not. :(

Good grief! I was 50"+ at my fattest. For kids, that's just unbelievable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement