Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Good grief! I was 50"+ at my fattest. For kids, that's just unbelievable.

George Hook was talking about it yesterday.. He said that he's a 44 inch waist, and that's him at almost 19 stone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Don`t any of the mammies (or daddies) know how to boil a few spuds anymore...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Budget is only six weeks away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

That's what they get for not having a man in charge.. :D

Guess I walked into that one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Jaysus, that sounds exhausting. I'm glad I don't have kids, obese or otherwise. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

snubbleste wrote: »
    The Budget is only six weeks away!

Fat tax ?

It shouldnt be sold in supermarkets, but it should be sold in an off license.. cos it's at a separate till and we are made more conscious of the purchase.. :rolleyes:

It was like that shen I was in Australia and so I'd make the trip to the booze shop and buy twice as much in one go because it was such a pain to have to buy it in a different place.

signostic wrote: »
    Don`t any of the mammies (or daddies) know how to boil a few spuds anymore...

Surely if it's the parents responsibility when the child is found to be malnourished, then it has to be the parent's responsibility when the child is "over" nourished... I think the media are just afraid to put the blame where it belongs.. It's far easier to blame big evil corporations and their evil ads, ignoring both the responsibilities of the parents and the responsibility that RTE and the BAI also have in this regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Grandparents too; always encouraging youngsters to eat up their grub, the heartless bartards. Have they no shame? How can they live with themselves, having inflicted a lifetime of misery on others?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

It's household bad eating habits ... just go for a walk down any street & you will see that the overweight kids are in 99% of cases accompanied by overweight parents & possibly overweight grandparents too. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

When I was growing up you ate at mealtimes and there was no such thing as snacking inbetween ... no such thing as a "treats press" either I can tell you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Callan57 wrote: »
    It's household bad eating habits ... just go for a walk down any street & you will see that the overweight kids are in 99% of cases accompanied by overweight parents & possibly overweight grandparents too. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

When I was growing up you ate at mealtimes and there was no such thing as snacking inbetween ... no such thing as a "treats press" either I can tell you!

We weren't asked what we wanted either. We didn't snack between meals so when mealtimes came around we were hungry and wolfed down everything!

(missed the programme)

How hard is it to get the guests to turn off their mobile phones.. dear god.

Diarmuid Ferriter... Usually heard saying things like "Pat, it's not widely known that people in 1913 only took two sugars in their tea, and that had a profound effect on the generations that followed"...

Would somebody ever tell Des Cahill to talk properly. Those pregnant pauses he makes in every sentence do nothing to enhance what he is saying, it's just bloody annoying. Get on with it Des!! :mad:

They should have an auction to see who gets to throw the bucket of water over Jim Power. That would raise a few extra thousand..

They should have an auction to see who gets to throw the bucket of water over Jim Power. That would raise a few extra thousand..

I wouldn't stop with a bucket & it wouldn't be ice either :mad:

• Advertisement

I still dont understand why they pack the studio full of guests, and then bring in special contributors.. like Declan Power and Orla Hardiman... How many seconds of air time has each guest got, hardly worth bringing them in really is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I still dont understand why they pack the studio full of guests, and then bring in special contributors.. like Declan Power and Orla Hardiman... How many seconds of air time has each guest got, hardly worth bringing them in really is it?

I bet they get the same fee no matter how long they're on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good to hear Seamus Martin bring some balance to the Ukrainian discussion this morning. Too many people blindly lapping up the western narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I wouldn't stop with a bucket & it wouldn't be ice either :mad:

I thought the same, a few solids added !

Just listening to Aíne on the news there. Seems like it's "EEEE-ba-la" again... Her pronunciation has gone through more mutations than the virus itself..

• Advertisement

Good interview with Michael O'Leary on with Richard Collins on The Business now.. Collins asking good questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yup.

sometimes he goes easy on the captains of industry types, but he's digging in here.

be nice to see him do this to more of the lads in that demographic.

Ah jaysus would you look who popped in to see us..

Sorry i missed the intro

who the feck is this as near 20 min in im not sure. im leaning on saying helen mirren but im not sure.

:)

It's all very middle England this morning.. Not a soft 'a' to be found..

"As I said to my daughter Mirabelle who's a dawncer" :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Helen Mirren to play Marian in her next film:

"The Woman, Who Was Never There"

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

theres something incredibly bizarre about not being sure its helen mirren getting interviewed because everyone on the show sounds like that !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Anyone know who Marian's last guest was - chef with English accent???

Marco Pierre White, he of the stock cube fame! :rolleyes:

"I know things can get heated on this show on some Sunday mornings, but it never gets quite as heated as this"..

Marion can talk with some authority on this subject, as she always listens in to The Marian Finucane Show on the RTE Player every Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

This girl's voice is like a drill going through my head! :(
    Turning the dial!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

She never introduced him (Marco Pierre White)!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

sudzs wrote: »
    Re-inventing himself as a temperate person.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Thanks. I just tuned in as he was being gloriously snooty to Marian about something:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Is Marian just not up to interviewing and athlete about what they put into their body, or is she just dodging the issue ? Performance enhancing drugs Marian. Ask the question at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is Marian just not up to interviewing and athlete about what they put into their body, or is she just dodging the issue ? Performance enhancing drugs Marian. Ask the question at least.

Don't you know it's only sneaky cheating forden athletes who do drugs?:rolleyes:

It's painful to hear Marion asking the questions... stumbling, mumbling, re-phrasing the questions...

oh yeah.

many a time the ma was reading me checkov in me bedroom.

FFS !

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

oh yeah.

many a time the ma was reading me checkov in me bedroom.

FFS !

:D:D:D

It was my Uncle Vanya :pac:

• Advertisement

Let's be honest about it, in ten years time there'll be some other war/genocide somewhere else.. At what point in the last 100 years has there not been some conflict on the world.

AH here we go again ... talking up the property market, do we have to have this EVERY week on RTE?

AH here we go again ... talking up the property market, do we have to have this EVERY week on RTE?

A pullout in the Sunday Indo tomorrow, and Liz O'Kane on the show tomorrow to tell us that "NOW is the time to buy", and we're right back in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Nevin again
    The twins again

Nev !

Marty not giving him enough radio exposure these days. God its great to have friends in RTE programming.

I thought it funny when he mentioned not believing in 40 hour working week ........... silence there from Marian :D

Ah here is she taking the Michaél? ... 3 cookery items in one show!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I like Nevin but, to use a cooking analogy, RTE have been serving him in too large portions these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

A 40 minute tajine? I thought the whole point of tajines was the slow cooking?

It's Nevin so it is!

I know people say he is a really really nice fella but he really gets up my nose... so he does!!

I like Nevin but, to use a cooking analogy, RTE have serving him in too large portions these days.

I'd say nobody in RTE ever pays for a meal in Ballyconnell (or wherever he is)

I like Nevin but, to use a cooking analogy, RTE have serving him in too large portions these days.

But now he shares the gig with the twins so he does.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement