Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

sudzs wrote: »
    It's Nevin so it is!

I know people say he is a really really nice fella but he really gets up my nose... so he does!!

OH he does, so he does - and I'm well sick of hearing about the wife & the twins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"Noel Rogers.... Roberts"...

She doesnt even know the people that work on The "Marion Finucane" Show any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Nevin saying we "don't eat enough fish " , previously it was all about 'leg a lamb' , must be an advertising gig coming up with the fisheries board soon, god he really is the stereotypical Cavan man

..so he is. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Oops69 wrote: »
    Nevin saying we "don't eat enough fish " , previously it was all about 'leg a lamb' .

From your local craft butcher. No mention of the poor craft fishermen. No advertising deal with them I guess. Yet.

Callan57 wrote: »
    I'd say nobody in RTE ever pays for a meal in Ballyconnell (or wherever he is)

I'd say every staff member in RTE is wall to wall with the Ballymaloe sauce as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd say every staff member in RTE is wall to wall with the Ballymaloe sauce as well..
    Them and all the crowd at Indo Towers. You can't open the Sindo but Rachael's there with a sh1t eating grin on her. At the end of every recipe we have to be told who did her hair and make-up and who supplies her clothes. FFS it's a cookery column not a fashion shoot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Property prices less than two minutes in.

Who would have thought it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Boring panel this morning. It needs somebody like Eamon Dunphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Well of course people accidentally turn off freezers in supermarkets and get sacked. It just doesn't make the headlines in the same way as if someone accidentally turned off a patients ventilator. :rolleyes:

A good result for whom? A good result for Phil Hogan and that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

marion - railing about media consensus ? - pot theres a massive black kettle in the studio !

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Muslim-ism".
    Go on, have another go.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

in regards to marions question as to why the other arab states dont get involved.

maybe im wrong but maybe they DONT share our values and in reality the people who rule those countries dont want to pisss off the masses in their own countries that tacitly that agree with em.

were not exactly talking about bastions of democracy here.

:D

There's a plethora of "So to speak"s around.
    What came first, the Joe or the Marion?

The "researchers" must have been watching the Joan Rivers tribute on UTV last night and picked those 2 jokes straight off it. Very lazy...

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    There's a plethora of "So to speak"s around.
    What came first, the Joe or the Marion?

So to speak, I think it may have been the Joe, as it were.

Just listening to Newstalk, Paul Kimmage talking about the article in the papers about John Delaney.. He said "You would need a pretty strong stomach for this stuff"... lol... I can imagine if John Delaney wasnt a friend of the show, Marian would have had a good oul sneer at the articles as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Just listening to Newstalk, Paul Kimmage talking about the article in the papers about John Delaney.. He said "You would need a pretty strong stomach for this stuff"... lol... I can imagine if John Delaney wasnt a friend of the show, Marian would have had a good oul sneer at the articles as well...

Any mention of John Delaney's wife in his announcement re his new squeeze?

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Any mention of John Delaney's wife in his announcement re his new squeeze?

No I think that was written out of Barry Egan's fairytale piece..

• Advertisement

Oh Christ, George Hook's GP on the airwaves again. :(

She must have more media appearance fee cheques than payments from her patients at this stage.

I think Enda's ploy to consign Varadkar to the poison chalice portfolio as an attempt quell his political ambitions may backfire on him.

In giving him the most difficult of ministries, the Taoiseach hoped it might shut Leo up for a while and stop him biting at his heels.

However, Varadkar's apparent honesty since taking the job seems to appeal to many backbenchers in Fine Gael, and the are ultimately the only ones he needs to impress to move upwards.

If he does poorly in Health, he can point to the flaws he highlighted in the department during his first weeks in the job. Meanwhile he continues to be a thorn in Kenny's side by speaking his mind.

However, if Enda chooses to get rid of him, he could end up facing a backbencher revolt and suddenly find himself with a lot more time to tend to his garden.

Seems like Marian has been borrowing a few Pat Kenny stock phrases. "Unintended consequences" and "Sir Humphrey moment" have just been thrown into the mix, so to speak........

I've always hugely admired Leo Varadkar.. He does his best to tell the truth when asked a question, not give us the stock party line or try to avoid the question... which his Government colleague Joan Burton in particular is the worst for doing...

And look who we have now... The opposite of Leo... A condescending spin doctor... These guys really need to hunted down and gotten rid of... All experts after the fact of course...

It certainly sounds like a Sligo name anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

It certainly sounds like a Sligo name anyway..

He was also bitten by a dog...one of the Boardies found this....

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/WHY+I+SPARED+LIFE+OF+THE+DOG+THAT+ATTACKED+MY+SON%3B+Mum+makes+plea+to...-a0160507538

The Mammy was a sound lady...

Sounds very ominous, intent as the man would say...I hope he gets home safely....:(

• Advertisement

Kind of puts this interview in a different context doesnt it... Sammy Wilson is the one who looks a bit like Arsenal defender Kenny Sansom...

Remember Sammy Wilson was photographed b*ll*ck naked running through the forest... :pac::pac:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm2q7d4x3Y1qcdumxo1_400.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The eulogizing of that twisted bigot paisley continues on RTE!

Now I'll be humming "whispering grass" all day CH!!!....:(

I think I'll pass on the breakie after that....

Regarding IP, the Daddy used to call him the greatest fundraiser for the IRA in the world!....Play a clip of him and the $'s rolled in....

Help me Rhonda. Help help me Rhonda.......

Bertie ahern and Ian paisley. Terrorists that did there best to destroy Ireland.

• Advertisement

I personally think an Alien came down and possessed him.....

I really do.

Bertie ahern and Ian paisley. Terrorists that did there best to destroy Ireland.

Paisley wasn't a terrorist.

Lapin wrote: »

Yes he was. He just didn't have the balls to pick up a gun himself. He brainwashed other young men to do it with he's bile filled speeches.

A truly evil twisted man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lapin wrote: »

Well i remember him assembling a few thousand men with licenced firearms in a field in the middle of the night to threaten violence if he didn't get his way.
    To me that resembles terrorism.

Lots of lads on Scotland called Scot.

Maybe they have patriotic parents.

Luckilly it didn't catch on here.

It would be hard to take a bloke called Ire seriously.

And the less said about the female version of the name the better. Are ya dancin Ira?

well there ya have it lads.

independence has been a waste here.

jesus wept.

well there ya have it lads.

independence has been a waste here.

jesus wept.

I doubt that Marzie would be in receipt of such a generous salary if we were under the banner of BBC Radio Ireland......

"Dear 30 year old me, the best thing I ever did was take that advice from my pension advisor...Though it seems that the Alzhiemer's has fully kicked in as my family tells me that my pension isn't worth a b*ll*x"

I doubt that Marzie would be in receipt of such a generous salary if we were under the banner of BBC Radio Ireland......

True enough - the BBC pays its National "talent" very well (if they have a good agent), but regional "talent" gets a smaller trough to snuffle from.
    Of course, that meant that Joe, Marion, Kenny, et al, looked at the BBC National pay scales and used that to pressure for parity, working for the National Broadcaster and all that.
    Under a postulated BBC Ireland, they'd have been on a third of the money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Utterly mistake ridden and the producer hasn't the balls to correct her.. An example from today's show

At 11:17 while talking about Scotland she stated Holland

Two minutes later she mangles details about a caller

Bad local radio is often at a higher standard

• Advertisement

Boring show today.

Half an hour of cooking ballaeux at the end - wtf was that about?

my friend wrote: »
    Utterly mistake ridden and the producer hasn't the balls to correct her.. An example from today's show

She also made some statement about him living outside the country and not having a vote... He had to correct her on that as well... Really sloppy.. Nothing but cynicism and sarcasm when reading the papers.. It always makes me shake my head when I hear people like Joe Duffy and Marian Finucane giving out about "how badly things are run in Ireland", when they themselves are two poster boys for everything that is wrong with the place.. overpaid, overvalued, overlooking their own wages, and over here..

Have to say I really like Leo Varadkar as well... I was sure by now that he would have been bet into submission to conform to the party line on all issues... (as politicians usually try to follow the path of least resistance).. but in fairness to Leo he says what he thinks, answers questions as honestly as he can, and doesnt really care about what repercussions it has for Fine Gael..

Ahhh.. Just listening to Marion's sweet laugh.. I find that if you close your eyes, and listen closely, you can hear Deirdre Barlow...

Ahhh.. Just listening to Marion's sweet laugh.. I find that if you close your eyes, and listen closely, you can hear Deirdre Barlow...

She's certainly got the Barlow cough off to a fine art.

Jesus Christ Hurler, its a Sunday morning.

The head and stomach are dodgy enough as it is without introducing such mental images into the mix. :(

What happened there .. sounded like something started choking Marion?

Feeling a bit delicate myself this morning and that news reader is not helping, she sounds utterly depressed!

• Advertisement

Typical Des Cahill sports report.

Where people are watching the match.
    The hoops people jumped through to get to the match.
    Flags at the gate.

And feckall about the actual match itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement