Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

her "Don't say anything about the war" line was just plain embarrassing.

Yeah... "What part of that was about Basil being fearful?" ... I think Cleese himself thought it was a completely stupid question..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just listening to the repeat.

"Don't talk about the war".

Words fail me.

Am I the only one who thinks that she pre-records that "Hello there, and a very good morning to you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Am I the only one who thinks that she pre-records that "Hello there, and a very good morning to you"

No

sligojoek wrote: »
    No

You still got signal in Sligo Joe... My signal went down to 18% and is gone to nothing on all digital now... I'm gonna check the aerial for burds...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ah no, I'd say she stays up all night practicing it :rolleyes:

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah no, I'd say she stays up all night practicing it :rolleyes:

You know Callan, I was thinking "nah, she'd had be brazen enough to pre record the introduction", particularly given that those fifteen seconds are probably worth another couple of hundred euro to her... But remembering the levels of arrogance and conceit she displayed during her interview with Mike Murphy, I wouldnt put it past her..

You still got signal in Sligo Joe... My signal went down to 18% and is gone to nothing on all digital now... I'm gonna check the aerial for burds...
    It's fine here. Are you getting your signal from Truskmore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Am I the only one who thinks it was pre-recorded a few-hundred-cigarettes ago?

Am I the only one who thinks it was pre-recorded a few-hundred-cigarettes ago?

Hah... It's exactly that that got me thinking about it.. She sounds nothing like Deirdre Barlow in the intro.... But during the recent shows even Ken Barlow would do a double take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

".....ah, sure there's only 30,000 of them....."

easy to say, from the comfort of a radio studio

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »
    ".....ah, sure there's only 30,000 of them....."

easy to say, from the comfort of a radio studio

Though that comment was a bit silly really - how exactly does she come up with that figure anyway considering the CIA apparently didn't even know this group existed a few months ago

I think I've worked it out ... They have that "Hello there, and a very good morning to you" recorded on the signature tune...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh good Ebola.

Frank Flannery out to "muddy the waters" this morning :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Frank Flannery, FG policitcal consultant for years is shocked at how the Irish parliament works....

People of a paler complexion ? What white people ?

Marion, frank is talking.

Frank Flannery coming on with his usual facade... soft spoken, meek little voice, so as to evoke sympathy from the listener...

Rehab paid Frank Flannery €409,000 from 2007-2013 for consultancy work

He can bring up all the strawman arguments he wants, but what he did was just plain sneaky... Effectively working as a double agent... One can smile and smile (and even have a lovely little soft spoken voice) and be a villain.

• Advertisement

Volunteered ? You did yeah frank.

Half a million euros worth of volunteering :))

Half a million euros worth of volunteering :))

I guess that makes Joe Duffy and Marion Finucane "volunteers" as well so ?

Not for profit ? Ah here stop frank.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not for profit ? Ah here stop frank.

Marion should have picked him up on that....

Marion should have picked him up on that....

Sure Marion is trying to get to 12:50 when she can leave.

• Advertisement

He's hiding behind defending the legitimacy of the PAC enquiry.... Marion should be asking him about the legitimacy of him being paid to advise the Government, while at the same time being paid by Rehab to lobby the same Government... Him playing the martyr with regard to the PAC investigation in to his affairs is a complete smoke screen

Rehab got public money and frank got a fair bit of it so I think the PAC was right to ask him questions(or at least try to ask him to answer questions) but frank is playing the martyr and it's amazing the neck of him actually.

He's hiding behind defending the legitimacy of the PAC enquiry.... Marion should be asking him about the legitimacy of him being paid to advise the Government, while at the same time being paid by Rehab to lobby the same Government... Him playing the martyr with regard to the PAC investigation in to his affairs is a complete smoke screen

Poor Frank ... the martyr.:rolleyes:
    Quite shameful to use the users of Rehab services as a cloak to hide behind.
    Why doesn't Marian ask our Frank to define the word "voluntee"

Oh come on Marion... ffs... Given him a free ride here... My blood is boiling..:mad::mad:

Oh come on Marion... ffs... Given him a free ride here... My blood is boiling..:mad::mad:

Why do you think he came on with Marian? Our Frank is adept at running rings around much tougher interviewers than MF ... slippery as an eel

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    Poor Frank ... the martyr.:rolleyes:
    Quite shameful to use the users of Rehab services as a cloak to hide behind.

It's funny though. When speaking about remuneration, he refers to them as a private business who simply provide services to the Government... Yet when he is talking about himself, he talks about them in terms of being a charity, the inference being that he is a saint for all of his great volunteer works...
    Why doesn't Marian ask our Frank to define the word "voluntee"

Really disappointed in Marion this morning.. didnt challenge him at all on the "volunteer" and let him meander all talk about whatever he wants.. Why in God's name is she persisting with questioning him about McNulty... Ask him about his own mess, and how damaging THAT was to both the Government and to RehabCare..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

All these fookers who talk about working for charitable and not-for-profit organisations as if they're making great personal sacrifices, and at the same time they're creaming very generous salaries and consultancy fees from them. Bunch of hypocrites :mad:

Jesus this is a shocking interview.

Jesus - the definition of a free ride...is this a PR spot for Frank or an interview???

All these fookers who talk about working for charitable and not-for-profit organisations as if they're making great personal sacrifices, and at the same time they're creaming very generous salaries and consultancy fees from them. Bunch of hypocrites :mad:

Wonder are there any actual "volunteers" left, certainaly not at the top of any of these so-called charity organisations. I think a major review should be done of ALL organisation that are given charity status by Revenue - I have major doubts about most, if not all, of them.

Alright frank we get it.

Ah Jesus frank stop. :mad:

Well done to them reading out those comments.

Is there a need to have an ad about bowel screening on now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gerry1958

I am the parent of a child with an intellectual disability and am sickened that my lic ence fee goes in part to support such abject so called journalism. Not a single hard question asked. More rehabilitation for Frank!!!What a farce!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This fella is living in some sort of South dublin deluded enclave , hiding designer taps under beds , €800 handbags !,once you have a friend in rte you seem to be in witha gig forever , even if it's the same flat roof extension every single week .

Did Dermot Bannon actually say "budget prevails" ... has he had some sort of Road to Damascus "convertion" :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Came in late , what version of EBola is she having this week , eeeeebola , ebbbolaaaaaa or could she arsed this week trying to be different and given in to common or garden Ebola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

God bless America :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oops69 wrote: »
    Came in late , what version of EBola is she having this week , eeeeebola , ebbbolaaaaaa or could she arsed this week trying to be different and given in to common or garden Ebola.
    Dunno but she's a-coughin and a-splutterin all over the place... oh wait that's normal.

"Tiger Parenting" ... the things I learn on this show!

I think I've worked it out ... They have that "Hello there, and a very good morning to you" recorded on the signature tune...

I'm going to put it on the phone for my text notification tone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Perv!

I'd say if you gave her a cheque for 5k she'd record "Hello there, and a very new text message for you"...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

gerry1958 wrote: »
    I am the parent of a child with an intellectual disability and am sickened that my lic ence fee goes in part to support such abject so called journalism. Not a single hard question asked. More rehabilitation for Frank!!!What a farce!!

The problem is herself and frank are probably attending the same D4 dinner party's, along with the Bertie aherns of this world. That's why you will never hear any serious grilling on RTE, from so called journalists of her generation.

You can add pat Kenny and Joe duffy to that list. Duffy recently gave 45 mins of live line to solicitor of Fianna fail crook Ivor callelly. To tell us how great he's client was. Joe even commented how he used see him out cycling every morning.

The politicians and journalists in this country are too intertwined.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement