Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

What are these magical "TIMER" things that he speaks of ... Have these just been invented?

"You need to get an electrician in to wire the timer... unless of course you're able to do it yourself".... :pac: .. I dont think that wiring a timer is allowed to be done legally by a non qualified electrian with the latest legislation..

Well, they can get stuffed.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He's abit of a know all, slack was great for getting a brilliant hot Long lasting glow from a coal fire ,but he dismissed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Dont think that Marian will like having the program content dictated to her by RaboBank... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

"The [water] measuring device, whatever you call it" :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

How's the husband these days, Darina?

This is what I don't get?

RTE and Marion Finucane have vilified Gerry Adams with the last two weeks for allegedly covering up a rape.

And yet we have Darina Allen given a Prime Time slot to hawk her new book!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

This is what I don't get?

RTE and Marion Finucane have vilified Gerry Adams with the last two weeks for allegedly covering up a rape.

And yet we have Darina Allen given a Prime Time slot to hawk her new book!

You can hardly blame her for her husband's actions now can you? That said we hear and see way too much of that Ballymaloo crowd.

Callan57 wrote: »
    You can hardly blame her for her husband's actions now can you? That said we hear and see way too much of that Ballymaloo crowd.

She stood by him didn't she?

Ah here since when did that become a crime? You're going a little OTT

Not while he was looking at the monitor, I'm pretty sure.

• Advertisement

Ah here since when did that become a crime? You're going a little OTT

Really?

Do you know what he was convicted of?

Really?

Do you know what he was convicted of?

I surely do .... and I still don't see how being his wife has anything to do with it. To my knowledge she was neither charged or convicted with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I just tuned in for a bit during the Darina Allen interview and she still (MF, that is) sounds horribly unprepared and not ready or not sure of what she's doing. She often starts a sentence asking one question to suddenly segue into quite another different unrelated question. I don't know how she gets away with it. Habit of people tuning in to Radio 1 I presume...there's always the off button though!!!

I don't usually listen to the close on a Saturday and I laughed at the end, at 12.50 when she said, "the same time tomorrow, 11 to 1.00". Eh, no, 11 to 12.50.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

tampopo wrote: »
    I just tuned in for a bit during the Darina Allen interview and she still (MF, that is) sounds horribly unprepared and not ready or not sure of what she's doing. She often starts a sentence asking one question to suddenly segue into quite another different unrelated question. I don't know how she gets away with it. Habit of people tuning in to Radio 1 I presume...there's always the off button though!!!

I don't usually listen to the close on a Saturday and I laughed at the end, at 12.50 when she said, "the same time tomorrow, 11 to 1.00". Eh, no, 11 to 12.50.

Its all part of her schtick! A ploy to catch her guests off guard, similar to what Colombo does...only minus the cigar and mack.

mzungu wrote: »
    Its all part of her schtick! A ploy to catch her guests off guard, similar to what Colombo does...only minus the cigar and mack.

Oh, that's cunning. By pretending to be a smokey, clueless bimbo, she can extract the truth across the dinner table... studio desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

If she smokes cigars that explains a lot.

• Advertisement

If she smokes cigars that explains a lot.

Marian is never seen without her stogie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Marian and her D4 dinner party chums studio guests aren't going to like this headline this morning....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-the-most-popular-party-in-ireland-new-poll-reveals-30710365.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Pat rabbitte is on the show. Can't stand the contempt he harbours for the Irish people.

I've no time for Conor Pope and his brand of "sky is falling" hysteria..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Conor Pope bugs me a lot.

• Advertisement

I've no time for Conor Pope and his brand of "sky is falling" hysteria..

He's a fair bullsh1tter without doubt

He's even more unbearable since he did that celebrity Masterchef Ready Steady Cook thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

Does Marian claim to be impartial? I expected to see her leading the anti-water rates march yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think he's great.

Pat Rabbit is absolutely right - an awful lot of nonsence & waffle being bandind about as fact.
    I heard someone say last week that no utility charges if you call them out! If you call out the ESB to repair your electric kettle you'd know all about charges!
    It is & was always the case that a leak in your own premises was resolved by a plumber who charged YOU.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think he's great.

Hello Mrs Pope ;)

That "Man Up" campaign REALLY bugs me, the inference being that all men are "letting the side down"... A lot of women need to take responsibility for the partners THEY choose instead of blaming other men...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

'Bridge over Troubled Waters' playing in background on Newstalk! :)

That "Man Up" campaign REALLY bugs me, the inference being that all men are "letting the side down"... A lot of women need to take responsibility for the partners THEY choose instead of blaming other men...

Did you happen to hear Jamelia on Brendan O'Connor's show last night? Asked why she left her abusive partner she said because she was worried about her kids & she went on to say that if she hadn't had kids she probably would be still with said abusive partner! I just do not understand.

Now we'll both be in trouble for off topic comments.

I'm not sure the other leaders would have resigned by the six o clock news. This is ireland.

• Advertisement

brooke 2 wrote: »
    'Bridge over Troubled Waters' playing in background on Newstalk! :)

That is the tune being played over the tanoy in Denis o Brien INM towers after the latest opinion poll showed Sinn Fein on top again!

"I love looking after people, We're best friends and I've learned a lot from her,
    I learned her pin number from her last week and I've been out partying every night since".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

People going around in spacesuits?? :rolleyes:

BS to that, Marion; nothing wrong with the phone line. For some reason she decided enough was enough.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    BS to that, Marion; nothing wrong with the phone line. For some reason she decided enough was enough.

I suppose "the phone line is bad" sounded better than "I'm bored with this topic"...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Marian lives near an Avoca, where you cannot get parking from morning to night because it is jammers

I suppose "the phone line is bad" sounded better than "I'm bored with this topic"...

It was handled just as rudely. Obviously attended the same Introductory Tips for Telephone Handlers course as Joe.
    It's become obvious now - she wanted to dive on to something she actually knows something about; shopping.

I wonder is there any merit to my hypothesis that people are too lazy to walk the whole way around the big shopping centres, plus that big walk back out to the car in the giant car park.. ?

Flavoured beanz? Sure, I just lob some sultanas and hot curry powder into my Aldi baked beans.

• Advertisement

I wonder is there any merit to my hypothesis that people are too lazy to walk the whole way around the big shopping centres, plus that big walk back out to the car in the giant car park.. ?

For me, yes. I really can't be bothered with the huge places; just too much walking around and pushing a trolley is an awkward device when loaded, and you only find out a wheel is wobbly and crabby when there's a load on it.

Been a long time since I've been excited over groceries.

I saved five grand last year by cutting out The Irish Times..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I saved five grand last year by cutting out The Irish Times..
    with a scythe?

"The expert on silver coinage hasnt been replaced"..

There wasnt any point in employing somebody for the role as we've sold all our silver coins to pay off the bank debts...

She got no compensation for the pain she took on the McNulty affair... She followed the party line to save her job, why are people making he out as the victim... Lucinda would have downed tools, but then she has a bit of principle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Pat Rabbit is absolutely right - an awful lot of nonsence & waffle being bandind about as fact.
    I heard someone say last week that no utility charges if you call them out! If you call out the ESB to repair your electric kettle you'd know all about charges!
    It is & was always the case that a leak in your own premises was resolved by a plumber who charged YOU.

Pat has also being sprouting a lot of nonsense and waffle - talking over and interrupting the other contributors is not going to help the communication issues no matter if you are right or wrong.

Pats comments about call out charges was an attempt to muddy the waters further - the point being made was about the proposed call out fee, an exceptionally high fee indicative of an overly expensive cost base.

You are correct - you can call out a plumber - but who is to say that a quango a la the PSA will not be set in future to change all that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just listening to the programme now.

Is it any wonder Tesco are screwed. Everyone is buying yogurt and muslei in Donnybrook Fair and Avoca if this panel are a representitive cross section of Irish society.

I wonder how the Bulgarian property market is shaping up these days?

Marian Keyes...
    Thought this was Mrs Doyle at first, but it's turned out to be interesting.

Jesus fergal keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

The Marian Keyes interview was brilliant. Such honesty and insight. And Marion F is the best in the business at handling that sort of interview.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement