Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Youre no Michael Burke ,,Fergal , how's Bono!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oops69 wrote: »
    Youre no Michael Burke ,,Fergal , how's Bono!

Isn't that the truth. I'm sure Bono was delighted to know he has the support of fergal.

Jesus this conversation is cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The Marian Keyes interview was brilliant. Such honesty and insight. And Marion F is the best in the business at handling that sort of interview.

Very enjoyable interview. Being a bit of reading snob where the "chick lit" tag is concerned I've never read any of Marian Keyes books but after this interview I think I might just rectify than omission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

YYYeeeaaaHHHhhh

Gary is a good communicator , he's great as well on the olympic swimming commentary on rte ,he needs to be on Joe DUffy though for this subject , joe just loves to hear about bone grinding against bone and osteoporotic bones crumbling like a crunchie bar .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"Marian that is the finest ever interview I've ever heard anywhere at any time"...

I wonder how that got through the screening.. :rolleyes:

Callan57 wrote: »
    I've never read any of Marian Keyes books but after this interview I think I might just rectify than omission.

I was impressed by her honesty and bluntness...

This one from meteireann is a hopeless case ... Get rid of her , I want harrumph laumps ultra Dutch accent .

This one from meteireann is a hopeless case ... Get rid of her , I want harrumph laumps ultra Dutch accent .

It was a poor effort I agree. She seemed suprised that she was on air and stumbled through it.

Also that audio on that clip featuring sinead Hussy was shocking aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

missed it-what's her name?

That Brendan Ogle really turns my stomach... He seems to jump on board any populist cause to progress his own career...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Comrade Brendan is a Professional sh1t stirrer

Just thinking there can you imagine when the Troika came in to Ireland after the bailout and saw that there was no water metering in place.. We must have looked like some bunch of primitive clowns...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ogle is wiping the floor with Regina Doherty. That makes him a top bloke in my book.

Comrade Brendan is a Professional sh1t stirrer

Does Brendan really think the "ordinary taxpayer" should be paying for those who want to fill their swimmingpool or wash their Ferrari?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just thinking there can you imagine when the Troika came in to Ireland after the bailout and saw that there was no water metering in place.. We must have looked like some bunch of primitive clowns...

I'd imagine sitting across but the table from Brian cowen and Willie o dea didn't help that image either!

No mention of wages ballooning up costs

Did he say 1million Euro to lay 1K of track? Holy God is it gold-plated track we're using?

• Advertisement

Great motorways in Germany

Great motorways in Germany

Everything seems to be great in Germany. I don't know why Ursula chooses live in this country....

Low blow for Ogle to personalise it by mentioning Regina's father....

That's his ESB speech in case anybody wants to know what happens when his mask slips..

That comment about Regina's father shows how low Brendan is prepared to go when he's put under pressure. Shameful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What was the comment (and the meaning behind it) about Regina's father?

I vaguely heard him mentioned, but it meant nothing to me.

Ogle is a rabble-rouser of the highest order.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What was the comment (and the meaning behind it) about Regina's father?

"Regina,I bet your father is grateful to me for saving his pension" or something similar... The coment was out of the blue and didnt seem to have any relevance to the topic being discussed. ...

• Advertisement

"Regina,I bet your father is grateful to me for saving his pension" or something similar... The coment was out of the blue and didnt seem to have any relevance to the topic being discussed. ...

Has plenty of relevance for Regina Doherty's father though.

Has plenty of relevance for Regina Doherty's father though.

How's that Har, I dont really know the background.. ?

This web summit guy seems to have got free rein in bashing the RDS unopposed over the last few days......two sides to every story .

How's that Har, I dont really know the background.. ?

I'm assuming that Brendan Ogle represented the interests of her father's occupation during union negotiations.

He paid Eva , come off it MARION , you're really not that naive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I'm assuming that Brendan Ogle represented the interests of her father's occupation during union negotiations.
    It's wrong to bring such things into public discusssion - indeed, even into private conversation. When you deal with anybody in your professional capacity, you have an obligation to respect privacy.

Half of Rtes as breaks both on radio and television are padded out with radio na GAeltachta adverts , ridiculous.

It's wrong to bring such things into public discusssion - indeed, even into private conversation. When you deal with anybody in your professional capacity, you have an obligation to respect privacy.

Would be difficult enough to keep composure when you're looking at Regina Doherty's smug face across the table from you.

The Germans had broadband in 1989... :pac:

Would be difficult enough to keep composure when you're looking at Regina Doherty's smug face across the table from you.
    Do you really have to resort to personal insults like that?

Puts you on a par with Ogle in my book.

By all means debate what people say, but leave the personal jibes out of it.

Do you really have to resort to personal insults like that?

Puts you on a par with Ogle in my book.

I couldn't give a toss what you think.

I couldn't give a toss what you think.
    :D

Right so.

Very constructive altogether.

:D

Right so.

Very constructive altogether.

Thanks, we can finally agree on something ;)

Thanks, we can finally agree on something ;)

I doubt that.

But carry on.

Ah people, I'm just glad Marian is in the private jet so that she doesnt see this.. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Just thinking there can you imagine when the Troika came in to Ireland after the bailout and saw that there was no water metering in place.. We must have looked like some bunch of primitive clowns... a low-hanging fruit, ready for the picking
    FYP
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Marian Keyes was very annoyed with the interview.
    She said on Twitter she didn't want the whole conversation to be all about her depression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

The usual lazy journalism from the Indo - no analysis on the interview really or what was discussed or how it went.
    But what I find a bit odd is that MKeyes thanked MFinucane several times at the end of the interview. Looks like she thought differently about it after thinking back over how it went.

robo wrote: »
    The usual lazy journalism from the Indo - no analysis on the interview really or what was discussed or how it went.
    But what I find a bit odd is that MKeyes thanked MFinucane several times at the end of the interview. Looks like she thought differently about it after thinking back over how it went.

Frankly I'm wondering did Louise Kelly even bother to listen to the interview?
    Personally & I'm no fan of Marian Keyes but I though it one of the best interviews by Marian in a long, long time & IMO Marian Keyes comments regarding depression were extremly "happy & hopeful". I listened back to the interview & if she was trying to change the subject she wasn't trying very hard. Frankly I don't know what she's complaining about.

Her twittering sounds a bit silly though so I think I may have to reconsider my intention to give her books a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

l'esprit d'escalier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

fussyonion wrote: »
    She said on Twitter she didn't want the whole conversation to be all about her depression.

Would anyone have a link to listen to the interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

It's just a news report noting Marian K's public response to the interview. To be honest, this is one story where any analysis would be counterproductive.
    Personally, I thought the interview was terrific. Marian K came across as thoughtful and strong and funny. There's loads of listeners who would have taken a lot of comfort from the item, so it's a pity that Marian K had misgivings afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

fussyonion wrote: »

Strangely she has no problem herself talking about it when she's promoting her latest tome....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Callan57 wrote: »
    Frankly I'm wondering did Louise Kelly even bother to listen to the interview?
    Personally & I'm no fan of Marian Keyes but I though it one of the best interviews by Marian in a long, long time & IMO Marian Keyes comments regarding depression were extremly "happy & hopeful". I listened back to the interview & if she was trying to change the subject she wasn't trying very hard. Frankly I don't know what she's complaining about.

Her twittering sounds a bit silly though so I think I may have to reconsider my intention to give her books a try.

I heard the interview. Thought Marian F was very fair and Marian K rather
    annoying. IMO, MK became defensive when MF asked her about her husband.
    Apparently, he spends a lot of time climbing mountains around the world! Kind
    of ironic that MK referred to Twitter in the interview. MF was praising her for
    her honesty. MK responded that there would still be people 'giving out' about
    her on Twitter, to which MF replied that all the texts coming into the show were
    very positive and complimentary. MK insisted that there would still be people
    'giving out'! One wonders if there was ANY reaction to her appearance on the
    show on Twitter. If not, MK sure rectified that situation!! ;)

• Advertisement

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I heard the interview. Thought Marian F was very fair and Marian K rather
    annoying. IMO, MK became defensive when MF asked her about her husband.
    Apparently, he spends a lot of time climbing mountains around the world! Kind
    of ironic that MK referred to Twitter in the interview. MF was praising her for
    her honesty. MK responded that there would still be people 'giving out' about
    her on Twitter, to which MF replied that all the texts coming into the show were
    very positive and complimentary. MK insisted that there would still be people
    'giving out'! One wonders if there was ANY reaction to her appearance on the
    show on Twitter. If not, MK sure rectified that situation!! ;)

@brooke 2
    Me thinks you may have hit the nail on the head :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement