Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gort Roadworks?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering is there any major road work going on around or in Gort atm? Just a few of us heading to Shannon Airport in a few weeks and want to know if we are ok on our bus time or do we need to take an earlier one.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Ye, there is ongoing works on the way into gort (galway side). called ballinger bend or something like that. Going on until mid to end of july

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

The delays are'nt half as bad as they were, i live in a housing estate thats entrance is right in the heart of the roadworks & the last week & a half was no real problem, they seem to be letting larger amounts of traffic go at a time too either side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Cheers for the replies people.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Steyr wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies people.:)

No problem.

Now today is monday & like the last week & ahalf, the traffic is running smoothly, despite i getting caught in a tailback half way up the town (note i was heading towards Galway) i was only delayed for approx 10 mins, it's the larger volumne's of traffic they let go at a time whats doing the trick i think.

Have a nice holiday Steyr & when your passing through Gort on your way home, you can leave the price of a pint for me in Sullivan's Hotel!

All the best.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I was expecting a lot worse with the road works especially when i saw the sign saying it was on till 26/07/2010 as i live there and travel to Oranmore daily.

But i think it's organised well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement