Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Officiating at the World Cup

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Man Utd vs City Old Trafford

It would be a very simple change that would improve accuracy of games.

it was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/27/technology-debate-rekindled-in-wake-of-questionable-decisions/

Very hasty piece I made in the wake of today's refereeing errors.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Huh?

Quibble all you want about it but the ref got the match time right almost to the exact second. Just because he actually had the balls to do it should not leave him open to ridicule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sdonn wrote: »
    The officiating has been consistent, and that's important.

Consistantly poor is still consistant. It's not good though,

theres been far too many cards given out. Klose for example never should have been sent off. Plus the above examples of goals for USA and today.

Blatters rubbish about the game being consistant all the way down is just that. If it has to be the same then why are there no proper linesmen sent with the ref to sunday league games? The fact is that football is not equal all the way down and theres no issue with the top tier having the bad stuff ironed out

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

it was spot on.

It was spineless refereeing.

YOU DO NOT ADD ON 30 SECONDS FOR A SUB IN INJURY TIME

Unless of course, you are at Old Trafford, where the rules are made to suit the home side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DB10 wrote: »

Where does it say this in the rules?

Why would a substitution in injury time be treated any differently to one in normal time? Espcially when a substitution in injury time is almost certainly being done to waste time anyway?

Unless of course, you are at Old Trafford, where the rules are made to suit the home side.

Have a read through the rules again and show us where it says this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus lads, don't sidetrack the whole thread on this. My fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the official at old trafford was wrong because thats not how extra time is dealt with week in week out in the PL, if they wanna change it so that it is, fine. But it has to be consistent. And it wasn't. That was the beef there.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    the official at old trafford was wrong because thats not how extra time is dealt with week in week out in the PL, if they wanna change it so that it is, fine. But it has to be consistent. And it wasn't. That was the beef there.

No the assistant added the correct amount of time. The fact it's not done this way week in week out, which is probably true does not make him wrong. Only highlights that rules need to be applied better.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

kenon wrote: »
    The first few games I was impressed by the officiating but it's been downhill from there in my opinion.

I actually could'nt agree more after the first few games I was saying the standard of referee's was very high. pity it didn't remain so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Isn't Blatter going for re-election again?

Amazing how anyone could vote in that fool..... and he more than likely will be.

Hmmm, i think it's Platini going for re-election actually

Carry on.

Advertisement