Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My summer of hard work

Options
  • 27-06-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey guys,

This fitness log seems like a good idea so I thought I'd post my own and see if you have any feedback. I am 24, male and I weigh 10 and a half stone. I am 5'9 in height. I was always quite fit, played soccoer, loved the treadmill, breakdancing etc. but over the last year through exams, job etc i've been neglecting alot of it so I felt I needed a summer of really shaping up to get me back on track. I had a one on one session with a personal trainer last week and he set me on the following:

A circuit plan to be done four times a week consisting of three sets, the first 25, second 20 and third 15 of the following:

1. Squat while lifting two 10kg weights
    2. Push-ups
    3. Sit-ups
    4. Arm lift 12kg on either side
    5. lunges while arm curling
    6. Superman (both arms and legs held above the ground)
    7. Mountain climbers
    8. Plank

He reckons the circuit makes it much more active than going from one weight machine to the other and although the total three round only take 45 minutes I am sweating buckets by the end. I have only been doing it 2 weeks and I am already seeing some solid results (bigger arms, flatter stomach, way more energetic). He also recommends doing intervals on the treadmill at least twice a week.

Is there anything I am missing out on?

Advertisement