Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilteragh

Options
  • 27-06-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HI everyone
    I moved into Kilteragh last week and yesterday night i had eggs thrown at the window . Came out to see if some one was around . Cant find anyone and it wasnt too late at night too( 10.30pm). I am confused if some one did it on purpose or it was just by chance . What should i do ?? Any suggestions .
    Thanks

Comments

leave it off for now, kids will be kids, although if it carries on, report it to the gardaí

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

grgelcs wrote: »
    I am confused if some one did it on purpose or it was just by chance . What should i do ?? Any suggestions .
    Thanks

Seriously though, how could anyone throw eggs at your window without meaning to?????

- Perhaps they threw Chickens at your window and the eggs fell out on the way......

Kids are everywhere - Normally confine that to Halloween though, I'd advise casually warning them that you'll be having a chat with their Parents - The uncertainty attached should make them pester someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Raiser wrote: »
    Seriously though, how could anyone throw eggs at your window without meaning to?????

- Perhaps they threw Chickens at your window and the eggs fell out on the way......

Kids are everywhere - Normally confine that to Halloween though, I'd advise casually warning them that you'll be having a chat with their Parents - The uncertainty attached should make them pester someone else.

But he doesnt know whos doing it!

But he doesnt know whos doing it!

They shouldn't be that hard to spot......

FW5478.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Kilteragh is a grand place. Just kids messing. Don't worry about it mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They shouldn't be that hard to spot......

FW5478.jpg

Well if that guy is running around Dooradoyle we had better put in a call for this guy.

griffinpeter.jpg

As for the OP, all you can do is keep an eye out if it happens again. If it does and you see where the kids run to, go straight to their parents and nip it in the bud. If the parents are not interested call the gardai and report it.

I am sure the parents would be quick to complain if somebody was doing it to their house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Kess73 wrote: »
    As for the OP, all you can do is keep an eye out if it happens again. If it does and you see where the kids run to, go straight to their parents and nip it in the bud. If the parents are not interested call the gardai and report it.

I am sure the parents would be quick to complain if somebody was doing it to their house.
    The guards can do sweet FA about it really if it`s young kids.
    In the previous estate I lived in the usual suspects were members of a family who formerly liked to travel, so really wasn`t worth calling down to the house to inform them johnny was in danger of becoming a bit of a bad egg if he didn`t straighten up and knuckle down...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 vervevalley

Kilteragh is a grand place. Just kids messing. Don't worry about it mate.

Hi,
    The time he mentioned was around half 10..! so will the kids be roaming around in streets at the odd hours...!!!?

Jigga wrote: »
    Doesn't John McNamara, the intended target in the Shane Geoghean murder, live in that estate?

I agree with you that it is probably just kids messing.

I'm sure there are criminals living in all estates in Limerick/Munster/Ireland/Europe/World (perhaps)

Don't castigate Kilteragh for this reason

Jigga wrote: »
    Very true but I wouldn't refer to a place where a man walking back from watching a match with friends murdered in cold blood "a grand place"

what is it if it isn't a grand place?

• Advertisement

Oh - So you mean Limerick is a bad place?

- If you honestly think that there isn't Scum like these in every Estate in Limerick you're delusional my Friend :confused:

and not just limerick

Good - Harmony is restored - Lets all move to Galway and turf the Crustie Basket-Weavers out of their Houses so we can move in!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Jigga Dont Be So Negative :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Story_Bud wrote: »

But this is boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

id doubt its anything personal, just kids looking for a chase...

If you do chase them, they will keep doing it, unless you catch one of them of course

The reason they are targeting your house might be its location, at the end of a terrace or near a green area.

There will be some obvious routes of escape for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

cant believe no one has come up with this.

just go throwing eggs at every house you see a kid outside !

lmao:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    id doubt its anything personal, just kids looking for a chase...

If you do chase them, they will keep doing it, unless you catch one of them of course

The reason they are targeting your house might be its location, at the end of a terrace or near a green area.

There will be some obvious routes of escape for them

Kids are Kids - Energetic little Feckers!!!

I was working with someone before who went to a puncture repair centre thinking he had two punctures.

Fella working there said do you live in a particular Castletroy Estate before explaining there had been 10-12 People in that morning already - Kids on the road letting tyres down, pumped them up and sent him on his way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Story_Bud wrote: »
    I have deleted all the posts I made yesterday as they were utterly pointless contributions.

Advertisement