Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Edge 605/705 new software version 3.20

• 27-06-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

And the changes:
    Change History

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:

• Improved calculation and reporting of total ascent, total descent, and grade.
    • Improved handling of history files when saving.
    • Correctly calibrates wheel size when using PowerTap hub.
    • Backlight setting now saved to configuration and set automatically on power-on.
    • Improved 'Go Home' functionality to search for any user-created waypoints named home.
    • Added new timezone for Santiago, Chile.
    • Allow house number 0 on find address page.
    • Improved range on power calibration page.
    • GSC10 sensor improvements to reduce speed spikes.
    • Uses elevation calibration point when starting an activity during a course.
    • Added message indicating elevation calibration point has been found.
    • Expand elevation calibration radius to 50m.
    • Translations updated in the user interface

Also a friend by mistake found the diagnostics page which interestingly has a temperature reading, although he found that it's for internal calibrating purposes. Hold the joystick button in and press the power on, you ll get to the diagnostics menu. Nothing impressive but ok.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Has anyone upgraded to this yet? Any bugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

seems to be working okay for me - (705)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Since I upgraded my 705 it turns itself on when you plug in the charger cable, which is a pain in the ass because if someone unplugs the charger the bloody 705 stays on and drains down its charge, typically the night before a long spin :mad:

Also mine displayed ' uploading software ' for 15 mins yesterday morning before I started the ROK ( despite being used for the past week with the new software ), luckily it sorted itself out before I left the Racecourse, or else it was going under the first Artic I met !

Garmin 705 ... Great when it works, just dont expect it to !!

Murph100 wrote: »
    Garmin 705 ... Great when it works, just dont expect it to !!

Exactly why I delayed updating mine. But now that the event is over, looking at it. Few features in this update that I need, mostly notably the powertap bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Where did you find that change log, Astra?

I have the 500 and there a firmware update available for that but I kinda want to know what it would add before I gamble.

The last firmware update added a 30sec avg vertical speed (VAM!) to the 500, which is actually pretty interesting if a bit useless.

• Advertisement

niceonetom wrote: »
    Where did you find that change log, Astra?

I have the 500 and there a firmware update available for that but I kinda want to know what it would add before I gamble.

The last firmware update added a 30sec avg vertical speed (VAM!) to the 500, which is actually pretty interesting if a bit useless.

It shows up when you start the update process but before you confirm you want to do the update.

Ah right. I'm not on my own computer right now so I don't have the garmin software installed. I'll mess with it when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You can find the update log for 605/705 here and for the 500 here.

I have it installed since I made this post and I have no problems with it.

No new features for the 500 this time so no rush for me to update...

Great little yokes they are though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

The 500 strikes me as being a finished product whereas the 705 definitely was not ready for market when it was released, and definitely needs a revised hardware upgrade '705i' incorporating the 500 mount, more weatherpoof USB seals & altimeter vents and a more streamlined casing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Have to say I agree - I've had no major problems with the edge 500; it's forgot to store a ride or two being the worst of it, with other more issues arising from a dodgy speed/cadence sensor (now being replaced gratis by Garmin).

If there's anyone sitting on the fence about getting one - I'd have a hard time not recommending it

Advertisement