Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting out

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

tufterween wrote: »
    No I'm living on the South side of Co. Dublin... definitely couldn't walk :)
    Oh right, ok... I just kind of presumed using large weights would give big muscles. Do you have a link for the thread about Introductory lifting Sessions?

The weights screw on and off the bar so two can be put on the one bar at the same time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954752
    There was one on today but there would be no harm in posting to see when the next might be.

It's very hard to put on muscle, honestly, lifting heavy weights isn't going to make you Hulk Hogan. What it will do however, is increase the amount of calories you're burning for HOURS after your workout, and also help you get that 'toned' look I'm sure you're after :) Which basically comes from a low body fat and a bit of muscle underneath to give that definition :)

Definitely up the weight on the DB's then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Ok, will put both the weights on the dumbell then... thanks so much for all the advice and help :)

Ok, will put both the weights on the dumbell then... thanks so much for all the advice and help :)

No worries, I'm just happy to see another woman posting on here for a change:)

Haha, great :) Well all the advice is really appreciated... It's really motivating having someone take an interest in my logs and helping me out with them... thanks!

Woops, just realised I use two 2.5kg weights on each dumbbell so it's actually 5kg I lift :P

• Advertisement

Woops, just realised I use two 2.5kg weights on each dumbbell so it's actually 5kg I lift :P

Yeah I'd figured that. Make it 7kg then so:D

Sorry how does that make it 7kg?

Sorry how does that make it 7kg?

You said you had 2 2.5kg's, and 2 1.1kgs, which is 7.2kgs - no?

Oh sorry, yes, you're right! :)

12th July

Hour of football

Mixture of jogging and brisk walking for a mile and a half

Am getting a twinge in my right knee every time I go jogging... I will go to the doctor on Wednesday and see if they have any suggestions

14th July

Lateral raises 4.6kg X 30
    Upright rows 6.8kg X 30
    Hammer curls 6.8kg X 30
    Overhead triceps extension 6.8kg X 30
    triceps kickbacks 4.6kg X 30

20 squats
    15 push ups
    15 stomach crunches
    20 leg lifts
    15 jumps squats

• Advertisement

15th July

Mixture of jogging and brisk walking for about a mile and a half (One minute of brisk walking followed by 1/2 mins jogging - repeated)

Broke my cocyx (a bone at the bottom of my back) yesterday evening so I wont be jogging again for about 6 weeks >:(

Does anyone have any ideas about some light exercise I can be doing with a broken coccyx. Just something to keep me active?

I'm on crutches at the moment so that's something at least but could anyone suggest anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Just posting to say, i feel for ya, just as you were getting into it and that happens! :(

Hope it heals quick and ya get back to it asap! ;)

Just posting to say, i feel for ya, just as you were getting into it and that happens! :(

Hope it heals quick and ya get back to it asap! ;)

Haha thanks Marcus :)

Ok, I'm fully recovered now (I think :) ) and I want to get back into the swing of things.
    Have moved to my new place so it might take me a while to find the best route for jogging. I plan to take a 2 mile jog/walk this evening.
    Is it ok to do this after dinner as I have no time any other part of the day?
    I'm starting bellydancing in about a month and I want to start swimming, although I'll have to see how finances go!

Anyone got any advice or suggestions for me?

Mixture of jogging and brisk walking for approximately 1 1/2 or 2 miles

I thought I was fully recovered but the jogging really hurt my back. I'm going to start swimming in a couple of weeks.
    I walk about an hour everyday for college (I know it's not loads but it's better than nothing)

Advertisement