Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy shredded carrots?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Does anyone know where I can purchase pre shredded carrots in Dublin? I know Dole make them but can't find them anywhere. (Not looking for them already in a salad, just plain.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've never seen them in Ireland. They do sell it in France! I would say catering suppliers might be your best bet. Or DIY with grater, mandolin or food processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ca't say for certain, but you quite often find things like that in the polish sections of supermarkets.

i'll check the next time i'm in my local, but i'm sure i've seen them somewhere like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

olaola wrote: »
    I've never seen them in Ireland. They do sell it in France!

or......you could shred your own carrots

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

there is some kind of pickling or brining involved with pre-shredded carrots though that improves the flavour afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I think some of the Polish shops sell them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement