Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student visa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

jank wrote: »
    Yea father Damo is a it of a Lamo with his negative comments.
    He should just post up a link to that place where one can get a course for $500 and the thread is ended.......:p

Yeah I think his mask slipped off we know what sort of boyo he really is, we would be waiting a long time waiting for that link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Regardless of the link or not I was talking to a Spanish friend of mine about this. He is doing an English language course that is costing $1400 per term (3 months) If he is not in a course then he has 28 days to apply for another course or get out. Similar I suppose of those on a 457. By the way he says this is cheap!

So 1400 x 4 = $4800 is for a years visa as a student and you can only work 20 hours a week. He teaches tennis and this rule of 20 hours a week IS applied!
    You may get around it by working in some dodge corner shop or a fast food place but generally it is applied. Business don't want to get audited by the taxman. Employing someone illegally is a sure way of getting that.

Regardless of the link or not I was talking to a Spanish friend of mine about this. He is doing an English language course that is costing $1400 per term (3 months) If he is not in a course then he has 28 days to apply for another course or get out. Similar I suppose of those on a 457. By the way he says this is cheap!

So 1400 x 4 = $4800 is for a years visa as a student and you can only work 20 hours a week. He teaches tennis and this rule of 20 hours a week IS applied!
    You may get around it by working in some dodge corner shop or a fast food place but generally it is applied. Business don't want to get audited by the taxman. Employing someone illegally is a sure way of getting that.

$4800 a year is pretty realistic since English seems to be the cheapest course you can do (starts around $3500 a year) Tuition Fees but this does not include the Living costs

Ok you friend teaches tennis 20 hours a week...fair enough, did he mention at anytime that he could work illegally and the Australian government would give him a nod and a wink as if to say they condone it but not to tell anyone about it?:)

Does your friend at any time feel as if he is a hot potato? :D

maybe when your friend finishes his English course.... Damo might be able to recommend a Martial Arts course like a Snake belt in Judo for $500 :D

Really Damo had a go at me saying I was from D4 (I presume Dublin 4) and was looking down on the rest of my brethern. I am not even from Dublin, but obviously he is and I have seen him mention D4 in other posts... so obviously he has a problem with Dublin 4.

My only gripe with Damo was he was continuously posting rubbish and I pulled him up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

mandrake04 wrote: »
    To be honest this has been a great debate, if you post more rubbish in the future... we will be all over you.
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    Yeah I think his mask slipped off we know what sort of boyo he really is,
    Who the fook are you, Alan Partridge? :D
    Or work cash in hand/ ABN construction like most of the Brazillian/ Chilean students and Irish/ English whos visas expired? Construction employers barely ever ask for a visa apart from office based labour hire agencies, and even then I know at least some of them dont bother checking it up. Construction employers often dont care about immigration status if you are hired on ABN, after all it means they are employing the services of an independent business, the worker is not their employee, it is someone they are getting a service off. Its the only reason they bother asking for ABN, otherwise they would stick to cash in hand. Same as if you walk into a shop owned by an illegal immigrant and buy something there, you are not liable.

Of course, Mandrake lives in lala land and thinks this is sh1te Ill bet. So be it.

Who the fook are you, Alan Partridge? :DOr work cash in hand/ ABN construction like most of the Brazillian/ Chilean students and Irish/ English whos visas expired? Construction employers barely ever ask for a visa apart from office based labour hire agencies, and even then I know at least some of them dont bother checking it up. Construction employers often dont care about immigration status if you are hired on ABN, after all it means they are employing the services of an independent business, the worker is not their employee, it is someone they are getting a service off. Its the only reason they bother asking for ABN, otherwise they would stick to cash in hand. Same as if you walk into a shop owned by an illegal immigrant and buy something there, you are not liable.

Of course, Mandrake lives in lala land and thinks this is sh1te Ill bet. So be it.

Thats all well and good mate but one thing. IT.IS.AGAINST.THE.LAW

Now when someone is looking for advice about visa's and staying in country legally they are not looking for the above advice. By the way all the above will change if the Coaltion come to power.

Also all it will take is for some crazy muslim guy to blow himself up in a bank and then you will see how "easy" it is to do the above!

• Advertisement

Damo you are so funny........Not!

Just stick to the lies, insults & bargain hunting for those $500 martial arts visa's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Thats all well and good mate but one thing. IT.IS.AGAINST.THE.LAW

Actually I wonder is it? Maybe it is, but at the same time working ABN is working as your own business. I do know of one construction firm that was audited and forced to pay by TFN because all their general labourers were on ABN despite not offering any type of trade.
    Now when someone is looking for advice about visa's and staying in country legally they are not looking for the above advice. By the way all the above will change if the Coaltion come to power.

Will it? The Aussie government are not thick- they know that without the student visas, there will be nobody to work the convenience stores, the supermarkets, the restaurants, unskilled construction labour etc etc etc. They will talk tough but the reality is that they know these sectors need to keep operating, and the only way for them to operate is to allow people in on courses of dubious merit.
    just stick to the lies, insults & bargain hunting for those $500 martial arts visa's

OK, we get it. You have absoloutely zero grasp of the reality of the Australian economy, political strategy and the opinions of a large portion of the electorate, and are propping up your dead arguement by harking back to an initial mistake I made and have since corrected. Add to that some garbage about me being mates with bar brawlers and skangers in a St Kilda McDonalds and it becomes beyond irrational.

Actually I wonder is it? Maybe it is, but at the same time working ABN is working as your own business. I do know of one construction firm that was audited and forced to pay by TFN because all their general labourers were on ABN despite not offering any type of trade.

Will it? The Aussie government are not thick- they know that without the student visas, there will be nobody to work the convenience stores, the supermarkets, the restaurants, unskilled construction labour etc etc etc. They will talk tough but the reality is that they know these sectors need to keep operating, and the only way for them to operate is to allow people in on courses of dubious merit.

OK, we get it. You have absoloutely zero grasp of the reality of the Australian economy, political strategy and the opinions of a large portion of the electorate, and are propping up your dead arguement by harking back to an initial mistake I made and have since corrected. Add to that some garbage about me being mates with bar brawlers and skangers in a St Kilda McDonalds and it becomes beyond irrational.

YAWN :rolleyes:

Sweat mother of god! Yeap thats it alright, the backdoor to living indefinitely in Australia. Come in on a tourist visa, get an ABN and hey presto! Work and live in OZ as long as you want.....

There is no maybe about it. Its ILLEGAL!!

Advertisement