Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i get around the copyright on a cd-rom disc??

• 27-06-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Im due to do my driving theory test in 3 weeks time so i got a lend of The Official Driver Theory Test 4th Edition (May 2009) disc from a friend and want to make a back up if it for myself as my friend needs the disc as well.

I can make a back up of the disc but it wont let me run it as it says its not a genuine copy, basically i can get around the copyright on the disc....

This disc will cost me 36 euro if i was to buy it, now i just dont want to pay for it as i will have to pay 35.60 for the theory test itself, if i pass another 15 for an eye sight test, 6-8 for photos for application...then to apply for my full licence -lessons, test etc... so no way am i going to pay for this disc....

Is there a program out there that can get around this for me????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

I've seen the disc for €18 in easons before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Copyright is there for a reason and trying to violate it is, naturally, totally illegal.

Can't help you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

iirc this thread violates the rules

ps
    try done deal / buy and sell for cheap ones 16.99 is what i paid in easons iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Go into Eason and steal it, you'll only be taking half as much there.*

*:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement