Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of The Week #63

Options
  • 27-06-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone who was paying attention might have noticed there was no album of the week thread last week. Well, good things come to those who wait so here it is, just a few days late. Sadly myself and MickShamrock appear to be the only fans of Bush on here ;).

Here's the breakdown of the votes. As usual, only albums with more than one
    vote are listed.
    Bush - Sixteen Stone - 2
    Deicide - Legion - 3
    The Devin Townsend Project - Addicted - 3
    Gojira - From Mars to Sirius - 4
    Pink Floyd - The Wall - 6

Rainbow Kirby voted twice but it didn't affect the outcome :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

My favourite album of all time, absolute musical perfection imho, everything from the performances of the band, Bob Ezrins production, the concept, the soundbites and storylines between songs, and Gerald Scarfe's artwork,

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Excellent album to listen to as a whole, goes together seemlessly.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If it's of any benefit to you, I have an IRL friend somewhere on here who loves Bush too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I bought this album on tape when it came out originally, basically on the strength of the "hit single". I was just getting into music and hadn't finalised my taste yet. My overwhelming memory is how cr@p the tape was! It was so long and heavy it would never wind properly. I lost count of the number of times I stuck a pen into one of the holes of the cassette to wind it through manually so the bloody thing would play!

It took me a long time to "get" the album, I really only began to appreciate it properly when I saw the Alan Parker film for the first time. Now, years later, it's an album I still love, and would definitely be one of my Desert Island Discs. I can't wait to see it done live by its creator next year, although that's tempered with the sadness of knowing that death and bloody-mindedness mean we'll never see all of the original protagonists perform it.

Advertisement