Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORTGAGE - DEPOSIT - LOAN

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice on norms related to the title please.

By the end of the year or very early next year I will be buying a house. The prices are close, but not just at the bottom yet.

I have close to €25000 saved in the credit union as a deposit.

I woukd rather leave that money there and borrow €25000 on the strength of my shares - if at-all possible and more importantly, advisable.

for the record, I wouldn't have an issue in paying back both - it's just nice to have your savings still sitting there.

Is this the norm or would most recommend I take it out and throw off the house? leaving me with no savings?:confused:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It wouldn't be the norm, and I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a loan of €25k, you'll have to declare it on your mortgage application, and it would significantly affect the amount you'd be able to borrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And if ya took out a Credit Union Loan then you wouldn't be able to touch your savings.

Advertisement