Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Finding Satilites

• 27-06-2010 10:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭

As above folks i have a Digital Caro By Oyster Automatic dish,now the only SAT i can find is Astra 2 after trying it in about 4 different places/parts of country,so my question is,is this the only satilite that im goona find in Ireland or am i doing something wrong,as i havnt any user manual or instructions for this system,,thanks in advance,,,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aja72

The oyster caro is automatic satellite system & this is High-performance digital receiver with integrated electronic control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Hi,

Check out http://www.dishpointer.com/ ,try setting up the sat while at home and use the site to create a reference.

In Ireland the sat location should be pretty similar to you home however if you head to the continent you'll need to get new settings.

The dish size can also affect which sats you can pick up. But with careful manipulation you should be able to get Astra 18 and 28.2. There are others, Hotbird for example but you might need a bigger dish to get good coverage, esp in Ireland.

Astra 28.2E has all the BBC/ITV/C4 channels, its the only one that we point at. The site above has details of all the sats and were you can pick them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

You should be able to pick up the odd other satellite , but no point really , as already said , we use Astra 2 here.

Advertisement