Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maemo and Flash

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Lately I've been getting seriously peeved off at Flash 10. Forgive me, as I don't know much about Flash, thought it perplexes me that I can watch Youtube on my N79 (and my housemate can view it on his crappy lg viewty) but not on a Nokia 770, N800 or N810, the latter of which is not even that old and was a very expensive device to buy. I know they're supposed to be rolling out a version of F10 for Arm devices soon, but will os 2008 be supported? It irks me to no end that it's still possible today to spend 100-300 euro on a device that isn't even capable of viewing youtube. My sister, for example, has an iPhone and says she can browse youtube, but how is this even possible - I thought even mobile youtube required flash, yet I thought the iPhone didn't support flash in its browser? I'm just quite confused over the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have the N900 and I can view YouTube in a browser, as I would on a desktop PC. Not sure about the other devices, though.

The reason the iPhone can view Youtube is not because it has Flash, but because it has a standalone app that allows you to view the videos. In other words, you cannot view videos via the iPhone web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Is the maemo zoutube application available for the older devices?

I think this lets you view the mobile (rtsp) version of youtube videos

Edit: After a quick check zoutube is only for Maemo 5, but MyTube is for Diablo

Advertisement