Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Worst reheatable food

Options
  • 27-06-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Heh gang,

I woke up this morning and there was a burger sitting there. It's a ****e thing to have and is really difficult to heat up (bread goes hard, salad goes to mush).

Chicken curry is excellent and I've heard Boardsies post about how pizza is better the following day.

So, anyway, what's the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Just buy more food!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

speghetti bolognese

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Pizza is better the next day, but not reheated. It needs to be served cold, with garlic mayonaisse AND chilli sauce (mayo and black pepper if nothing else) and a can of coke. Banging hangover optional.

Anyway, any "pot" food seems so much nicer the next day. Curries, stews, goulash, random pot thing etc.

Absolute worst has to be a chipper. Burgers as OP said are mank, as are chips etc. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Sausages
    oven chips

• Registered Users Posts: 33,504 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Heh gang,

I woke up this morning and there was a burger sitting there. It's a ****e thing to have and is really difficult to heat up (bread goes hard, salad goes to mush).

Chicken curry is excellent and I've heard Boardsies post about how pizza is better the following day.

So, anyway, what's the best?

Just. Reheat. The. Meat. Simple.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Army ration packs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Shepherd's Pie is nicer reheated than it is when freshly cooked. As is beef soup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Burger - Microwave
    Bun - Toaster
    Salad - put on a plate and leave in freezer for ten minutes

Then just add ketchup. Why would you try and microwave the lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Cold pizza from the pizza place..om nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Curry is lovely the next day specially if your lazy like me self and just lash in it a roll or in between two slices of toast :D

Pizza sometimes has the tendency to go like a brick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Nevore wrote: »
    Absolute worst has to be a chipper. Burgers as OP said are mank, as are chips etc. :(

Battered Sausage is lovely reheated, it gets all crispy and yum!:)

Worst reheated food has to be pizza, it's much nicer eaten cold the following day.:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Gotta love leftover Chinese! Tis always great the next day especially considering i can never finish a full portion myself these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Lasagne or a stew is nice reheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Not exactly reheatable but you do put it in the microwave! M&S mashed potato is the best thing ever. Other than that cold pizza nearly tastes better reheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

lasagna reheated is savage..
    as is cold pizza...
    with a cold can of coke and a fag..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Cold pizza is a great hangover food, but there's a catch: to be hungover enough to appreciate it, you need to have been drunk enough to not leave any pizza uneaten the night before.

In terms of reheatables, I like reheated spaghetti and meatballs, covered in cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ColaBeDamned

Nevore wrote: »
    Anyway, any "pot" food seems so much nicer the next day. Curries, stews, goulash, random pot thing etc.

Absolute worst has to be a chipper. Burgers as OP said are mank, as are chips etc.

Agree with that.
    And, am I the only one that can't stand cold pizza?! Not that good reheated either

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I find lasagne to be better reheated than fresh out of the oven. Shepherds pie/Cottage pie is nice reheated too. Fast food just can't be reheated. Pizza possibly being the exception.

reheating popcorn is pretty bad.

reheating popcorn is pretty bad.

Once it's popped, you have to stop.

• Advertisement

SS, are you an expert on reheated food?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I regularly make a huge fcuk-off curry (alternating between prawn jalfrezi, beef madras, or some variety of thai green curry) and freeze 5 or 6 portions in those individual curry boxes you can buy in the supermarket. Means you can take advantage of bulk buying even when you're living on your own.

And it always tastes better 3rd, 4th or 5th time round :pac:

I regularly make a huge fcuk-off curry (alternating between prawn jalfrezi, beef madras, or some variety of thai green curry) and freeze 5 or 6 portions in those individual curry boxes you can buy in the supermarket. Means you can take advantage of bulk buying even when you're living on your own.

And it always tastes better 3rd, 4th or 5th time round :pac:

My new favourite expression when it's used in that context.:D

baz2009 wrote: »
    SS, are you an expert on reheated food?:pac:

Only the food I reheat.:pac:

Pizza is not one of those foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

+1 for the Spag Bol...seem to be livin on it lately. I almost look forward to the 2nd/3rd round of it cos the garlic i put in it(loads) tastes the business.

Homemade soups get better too. Chippers,chinese etc should always be eaten cold the 2nd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

packet n tripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

squod wrote: »
    Chocolate.

Wait.. wat?

Wait.. wat?

He is right.

• Advertisement

Wait.. wat?
    He is right.

Now if he had said, Weight..Wat? I would agree.

Advertisement