Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAW sanctuary pics

Options
  • 27-06-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

There was an open day out in Limerick Animal Welfares
    Sanctuary today out in Kilfinane.

I only took a few pics, I'm kicking myself now that I did not take Loads but other people that went out there may post some. I should have taken pics of the crowds that were out there but I kinda focused on the awesomeness of the Pot Bellied Pigs that were like an old married couple.

Fantastic place and it was fairly busy with People looking at all the animals, hopefully some will find new homes.

Felt sorry for some of the Lurchers and Greyhounds, I love
    the look of these dogs but I get the feeling they are quite often the last to be picked. Also felt sorry for Kittens
    purely becuse of the sheer numbers that were there.
    it was a bit shocking at just how many of them there was
    it looks like an almost impossible task to re-home all of them.

There was a cat that out there that hopped into the Rabbit Pen and decided to go asleep in the sun, the Rabbits did not seem to mind and ignored it, If that was one of my cats the rabbit would have been shreaded to bits.

th_IMG_0979.jpgth_IMG_0980.jpgth_IMG_0981.jpgth_IMG_0982.jpgth_IMG_0988.jpg

th_IMG_0989.jpgth_IMG_0994.jpgth_IMG_0997.jpgth_IMG_0999.jpgth_IMG_1001.jpgth_IMG_1004.jpg

th_IMG_1005.jpgth_IMG_1014.jpgth_IMG_1013.jpgth_IMG_1011.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

th_IMG_1018.jpgth_IMG_1020.jpgth_IMG_1021.jpgth_IMG_1022.jpgth_IMG_1024.jpgth_IMG_1026.jpg

th_IMG_1027.jpgth_IMG_1028.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Great pics Bullet!

Was out there myself today and my Aunt fell in love with a dog called Reggie but unfortunately when she went to ask about him he'd already been booked.

Got my own dog out there and it was the first time we were back, such a great place and a great day...defo think most of the dogs have homes after the day.

Must say that the poor greyhounds did seem to be overlooked :(

Loved Andy the dog and would have brought him home If I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Millie wrote: »
    Great pics Bullet!

Was out there myself today and my Aunt fell in love with a dog called Reggie but unfortunately when she went to ask about him he'd already been booked.

Got my own dog out there and it was the first time we were back, such a great place and a great day...defo think most of the dogs have homes after the day.

Must say that the poor greyhounds did seem to be overlooked :(

Loved Andy the dog and would have brought him home If I could.

:eek: Was Reggie a Jack Russell??? If he was that's my little Reggie that I found roaming around. I took him in for a few days then handed him over to LAW. He has a real small tail. There was a man that was looking to take him, but I haven't heard since how he was doing. I hope this is him. He's such a great little guy, I hope he gets a great home.

Here's a picture of him. Could you tell me if that's him??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yes, that's your Reggie! :)

He's been having a fab time out there as there are so many other jack russells there at the moment to play with! He is booked to go to his new home - which of course will be visited and checked out before the adoption goes ahead. ;)

You really should visit - it's a wonderful place!

Oh, and we are still trying to catch Toby!

Beautiful pics by the way, bullet. You've a talent with that camera! Hope you'll come visit us again.

More pics of the day here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/limerickdogs/sets/72157624245751707/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

boomerang wrote: »
    Yes, that's your Reggie! :)

He's been having a fab time out there as there are so many other jack russells there at the moment to play with! He is booked to go to his new home - which of course will be visited and checked out before the adoption goes ahead. ;)

You really should visit - it's a wonderful place!

Oh, and we are still trying to catch Toby!

Thanks for letting me know. When we dropped him down to the girl that evening there was a man that had a JR with him who seemed to be really interested in taking him, you couldn't tell me if that was him could you?? I hope he gets a good home...

Sorry, I wasn't there that day so I don't know. You could give them a ring and ask - just tell them you're the person who rescued him and got him to the vet. :)

I have a feeling that his new owner is not the man you met SU.
    As when we went to ask about him on Sunday we were told that a family had reserved him just that morning.

He's a real dote and my Aunt was disgusted that he was already booked as she fell madly in love with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Millie wrote: »
    I have a feeling that his new owner is not the man you met SU.
    As when we went to ask about him on Sunday we were told that a family had reserved him just that morning.

He's a real dote and my Aunt was disgusted that he was already booked as she fell madly in love with him.

Ironically - We have two Terriers we haven't been able to rehome for the past number of Months? They've been advertised here on the rehoming thread on Boards and also on Topdog.ie

- I'd appreciate if anyone on here could please pass details of this on to any Family or Friends who may be interested.

Theres even Leads, Bowls, Kennels, Flea spray (Precaution only - they are flea-less!!!!!), Nail Clippers, grooming brush etc included so its surely going to be a perfect fit for Someone???
    Mango Joe wrote: »
    1 Male (7 years) and 1 Female (5 years) - These two are good Buddies and can't consider separating them.

- Need to rehome due to changes in Home and Work situation and commitments and unfortunately being away from home for too long to properly care for them.

Both dogs are good family Pets, have nice temperaments, are house trained and vaccinations are up to date and have been neutered/spayed.

- It would be great to get them re-homed together somewhere with sufficient space and with a Family or Household who enjoy outdoor activities as they love to run!!!

We are in Limerick, Dooradoyle area - Please send me a PM and we can exchange numbers.

29ql46e.jpg
    dfzkfa.jpg
    juemqg.jpg
    n9kkj.jpg
    2ytp7ig.jpg

They look like real pets Mango Joe but as it is my Aunt I know she would not be in a position to take two dogs & really they look like they shoudn't be parted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

LAW do fantastic work,the are often on the streets of limerick collecting money so please donate a euro or two.

We got our current dog there two years ago, don't know how anyone gave her up as she is an absolute pet and great with our 15 month old.

Just to let bullets know, the sweet cat hanging out with the rabbits was Monty, and he went to his new home yesterday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

boomerang wrote: »
    Just to let bullets know, the sweet cat hanging out with the rabbits was Monty, and he went to his new home yesterday! :)

Good news. Yeah thought it was unusual & interesting to have him being so passive around rabbits. Cat behaviour can be surprising at times.

A Hen wandered into our garden one evening out of the blue and the cats
    had never seen one it scared the bejaysus out of them, but me thinks they
    would have gone for a rabbit.

Also a fox came into the front lawn one night
    and the cats actually started playing with it and were not afraid of it which I
    found bizarre and they tended to ignore hedgehogs that had started to eat their cat food out of a bowel a few times. Had an almost totally feral cat that would come around and scavenge for about 2 years all of a sudden one day out of the blue he turned instantly tame(ish) enough to rub it (although lifting him for more than a min results in a bite)
    One of our neighbors was minding two white cats that chased dogs away
    and followed their owner around the estate when she started walking at night and also was friends with a collie, and we know of another cat that went missing that used to live with a rottweiler All behavior you would not
    typically expect.

~B

We've released maybe ten feral cats at the sanctuary, once they've been neutered - and amazingly, they have never targeted the rabbits! That came as a surprise to me. Another tame cat that had the run of the place before he was rehomed used to hang out in Rabbit Town, too. :D

There's a young fox in my aunt's estate who comes out at night and can be seen moving around the streets. Her two little dogs chase it at every opportunity, and the poor fox goes flying into the hedges! Not something I would have foreseen. Their cat comes for a nightly walk around the block with them and the dogs too - but always demands cat milk afterwards. :D

Love the visual of the cats playing with the fox - that's incredible!

Cats are amazing. :p

Advertisement