Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil v Chile, Last 16, 28th June @ 7.30 pm

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

There will be a few more goals in this game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Can't see Brazil not getting another one, when Chile go all-out in the 2nd half.

Ref is having a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its just like watching Brazil!

Some lovely stuff as the prosaic was overtaken by the artistic. Chile are fast and neat when given some time but if they finish with the full compliment I'll be amazed. Webb has been generous so far as he looks to keep the game flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Webb to ref the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

quarryman wrote: »
    Did the ITV commentator just say they scored with a "British goal"?!

This is why people hate the English press.
    What are you talking about?

Goals from corners is something you regularly see in British football more than anywhere else in the world that I can think of anyways. You don't get it in La Liga so much, maybe a bit more in Serie A and the Bundesliga but its certainly more prevalent in England, Scotland, Ireland than anywhere else and not very much in South American, especially Brazilain football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone recognize the 4th official?

It was a classic English League type goal a lumbering CB come up and bonks it hard under the bar. Thats exactly the sort of of thing that has the "purists" in San Paulo and Rio shaking thier heads at Dunga side. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

eagle eye wrote: »

Goals from corners is something you regularly see in British football more than anywhere else in the world that I can think of anyways. You don't get it in La Liga so much, maybe a bit more in Serie A and the Bundesliga but its certainly more prevalent in England, Scotland, Ireland than anywhere else and not very much in South American, especially Brazilain football.

So are you saying if they'd one touch passed the ball all the way into the goal he would have said it was a great Spanish goal or if they counter attacked it was a great German goal?

It's typical English media arrogance. They're out of the tournament yet still try to shoe-horn in references to themselves.

They actually went to town in the first half RAVING about Webb and the linesmen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

IMO Brazil will struggle against Holland based on the 1st thirty minutes. The likes of Robben will test their defense.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »

It's typical English media arrogance. They're out of the tournament yet still try to shoe-horn in references to themselves.

Thats as bad as RTE commentators and pundits mentioning a certain night in Paris.

Don't like British telly? Stop bloody watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Trampas wrote: »
    Anyone recognize the 4th official?

Didn't see him but I'm guessing its Martin Hansson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats as bad as RTE commentators and pundits mentioning a certain night in Paris.

Don't like British telly? Stop bloody watching it.

You mean this?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bastos has done a great job on sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

3-0. Robinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stunning goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Class :cool:

Nice finish there from Robinho. 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

B e a utiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

What a run by Ramirez and great finish by Robinho!

3-0!

great drive by the chile defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,840 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brazil have it in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

The Netherlands have it all to do against this Brazilian team when they face them next friday

Dunga must have had a brainwave, 3-0 up and playing like its 1970. Crazy stuff.

best refereeing performance of the wc

Headshot wrote: »

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

look who it is, the man himself!

Former Mr. "First Name on the Teamsheet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Headshot wrote: »

Pretty good but Lucio should have had a penalty and Maicon should probably have been booked for diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Brazil have been very impressive, huge hunger on and off the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Brazil have to be favourites , they looked like they had another gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,817 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CorkMan wrote: »
    IMO Brazil will struggle against Holland based on the 1st thirty minutes. The likes of Robben will test their defense.

I wish I could agree with ya :D

I'd rather have any of the other quarter finalists to play against Holland, but not Brazil. Their defending was excellent tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

eagle eye wrote: »

Since you haven't replied to my response I'll assume you are in agreement with me.

Just been listening to the Guardian Podcast and they seem to agree too. Skip to the 27 minute mark.

Advertisement