Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands session/get together?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok so I am just spitballing with this idea but after the events of yesterday it got me thinking on the subject of this

So I'm not sure of the current standings with the funds or whatever, but I was thinking it would be nice to do a session similar to yesterday and maybe if we have numbers use it to help. My only gripe with this is that it seems totally impractical and pointless to people in Dublin as Dublin has everything Westmeath can offer in terms of hosting and also most people are from Dublin in the scene so commuting here seems pointless as Azza and I are the only players from here and we attend Dublin meets quite frequently

There are two community centers of sorts that I am sure will allow me to rent out an area for a day to have a session or tournament or something. I have contacted one of them as of now and plan to contact the other one tomorrow but waiting to see what the mindset is first. The only downside is that I only have two TVs/one console and the fact that this would result in someone bringing more this adds to the intractability factor.

However there is a bar in town that allow you to rent out a private area (have been before once and it's very cosy) in the back and there is TVs there too. This along with the fact that it's in a pub would be handy as if people want food or drink there right in the middle of town and they're in a bar :pac:

Not sure if people would even bother (and obviously with good reason!) but just an idea and I would love to get one running if there is interest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No harm in looking for as many options as possible m8, should look at whether this would be a get there early , get the last train/bus home job for those traveling, or would it be an all nighter, 1st bus/train home job.

I'm actually up for a bit of traveling to events cause they sound like great fun, my only issue ever is really money. Usually when the weekends that the NI lads or the limerick lads having something going, I just don't have that extra 15-20 euro needed for the weekend.

Everyone from here that I've spoken to who's traveled to events have always had great things to say about 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah i'd be up for it too, its fun to travel as a group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Koone_20

i'd be up for an all-nighter job

Advertisement