Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy bright pink tunnels?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I want 14mm and 16mm bright pink tunnels (preferably not silicone :/) but i can't seem to find them in wildcat, George's or connected and i would really rather not buy them off the internet. Does anyone know where i could find them? it would be much appreciated señors c;

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

I want 14mm and 16mm bright pink tunnels (preferably not silicone :/) but i can't seem to find them in wildcat, George's or connected and i would really rather not buy them off the internet. Does anyone know where i could find them? it would be much appreciated señors c;

Try ebay.. Seriously, it's where i buy all mine
    Just bought some bright blue 8mm ones
    Niiiiiiiiccccccccceeeee

EDIT: Removed Acrylic Links...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you value your health don't put acrylic anywhere near yourself let alone in your ears. You have a few option kaos eyelets or pink ivory wood or even adonized titanium. Don't put acrylic in your lobes :(

Will wrote: »
    If you value your health don't put acrylic anywhere near yourself let alone in your ears. You have a few option kaos eyelets or pink ivory wood or even adonized titanium. Don't put acrylic in your lobes :(

Seriously? Didnt know that.
    Whats the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

AFAIK it's quite porous, and because of that can cause problems. But I could be way out...

AFAIK it's quite porous, and because of that can cause problems. But I could be way out...

Have done a little research since last post and it seems your right.
    It is porous but not to any sort of dangerous level

@Will. i value your opinion, but i think saying if you value your health then avoid them is a little extreme.
    Maybe you have had problems with them in the past.
    I have worn acrylic ones but am currently on titanium ones.
    never had any problems to note

• Advertisement

Yeah probably shoulda said if you value your lobes

Yeah probably shoulda said if you value your lobes

can you explain a little more as to what effects you have experienced
    I am just about to go back to acrylics and will avoid if its not worth it
    I only had acrylics in for a couple of months before stretching to 7mm
    have 8mm acrylics waiting to go in

In work at the moment. Will be home later tonight and will elaborate

In work at the moment. Will be home later tonight and will elaborate

Thanks Will

Okie doke, acrylics. What are the main uses of acrylics? - sinks, baths, door handles, helmets, acrylic nails. What is in acrylic? basically it's a mass produced plastic. Would you break off a piece of your bath/shower, shape it and then lash it in your lobe?

Why in my opinion is it bad/dangerous? because it is porous and release crap into your ears, it can tarnish scratch easily which will tear your lobes up, even a minute scratch can cause inflammation. it can carry nasties within the pores which wouldn't be in other porous materials like wood. it can (depending on the quality) react with your body over time. on a purely aesthetic point it looks cheap and will never look as good as a nice well made pair of plugs out of any decent reasonable material.

to be honest acrylics are ok for very short term use, a nicer and safer alternative in the same price range would be high quality ptfe plugs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Saffrooooo!

thanks for all the advice,
    i think i'll try find pink ivory wood ones and if not it's not the end of the world i'll go back to titaniumm, lol thanks again evurywan c:

You will most likely have to get em off the internet

Also more info on acrylics here from BAF - http://www.bodyartforms.com/materials.asp#Acrylic

I may do a long informational post about plugs and what material is best if there is a demand.

Thanks Will
    much appreciated

Advertisement