Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people buying iphone 4's in belfast

Options
  • 28-06-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

i just wanted to know....is it someway possible to just get the phones there but have it placed on an irish companies bill pay plan?

I know they are not selling it in ireland yet because they are focusing on the bigger markets, but if we get it from those markets (UK) then shouldnt they embrace my signature on their 18 or 24month shackles?

I could always get a UK bill pay, but wouldnt that leave me with doing roaming charges all the time? (i dont wanna buy sim free, tis too much)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You're willing to get a uk contract and roam yet a sim free phone is too expensive?

Sometimes the mind just boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

i was going to purchase the iphone 4 myself until i read about the problems it is having. i won't be purchasing one till they fix the signal problem. it seems that if you hold it the signal goes compleately. the metal at the sides of the iphone is used as part of the antenna as well. if you are left handed i would especially wait till this problem is fixed. it would be a waste of money at the moment and they are expensive. google the problem yourself to see. i'm going to wait till this is fixed before i go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Doesn't happen on all iPhone 4's. Happens on other phones as well (older gen iPhones, nokia, Sony Ericsson ) see the thread about this.

The back of the iPhone is all glass. Only the middle is metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

theres supposed to be a firmware update due out next week to fix this signal problem so will wait to see how it goes.

they say not all iphone 4's suffer from this problem but who's to know when you purchase one. who wants the hastle of having to send it back for another one or a refund. there should be no problems with this iphone 4 especially at the release date. too dear to take the chance is all i'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

i know about the signal issue. it doesnt bother me in the slightest since i was going to get a case for it anyways (a case solves the issue)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

The reception issue is a red herring.

You can get exactly the same experience by covering up your phone with your hand, it will get antenna attenuation, it'd unavoidable. As a matter of fact, on mi iPhone 3GS, if I hold it exactly like those in the iphone4 reception videos, I get exactly the same effect.

No phone is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

OK, can someone clarify this for me,

can I walk into the apple store in belfast and buy the iphone sim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

kjl wrote: »
    OK, can someone clarify this for me,

can I walk into the apple store in belfast and buy the iphone sim free?

yes when it comes back to stock (best bet to reserve one over the phone).

499 GBP for 16gb

599 GBP for 32gb (roughly 730 EUR)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

yes when it comes back to stock (best bet to reserve one over the phone).

499 GBP for 16gb

599 GBP for 32gb (roughly 730 EUR)

Are O2 stores up North selling them on Speakeasy yet?

EDIT: Out of stock everywhere...
    http://stock.o2.co.uk/availability.jsp?iphone4=ip416b&location=o2retail&ukregions=Northern+Ireland&citySel=All+-+Northern+Ireland&x=0&y=0

Advertisement