Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: kateos2

Options
  • 28-06-2010 1:39am

Iiiin the Playpen this week, it's the inimitable Kateos2. I've briefly emerged from being mauled by people in the IRC wanting to do Kate's intro for just long enough to put together some of the things the fantastic people of IRC had to say about Kate.

I have to say for myself, Kate is now so much more than that girl who lives in the same area as Davidius. She's that girl who lives in the same area as Davidius, and is awesome!
    Nah, but seriously, she is.

Some dude called jumpguy gave a heartwarming tribute:

Well what can I say about Kate? Not much. Kate is a
    mysterious character. Didn't she work at a deli? Ah,
    she knows what it's like in a shop so. We both share
    that special bond I guess. The kind that comes with
    spending long weekends in a flourescent-lit,
    daylightless, air-conditioned environment.

A wise man or woman (for you feminists out there) but probably a man (wise woman LOL) once said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

... However, in this case I have something to say, kateos is made of awesome! (70% awesome; 30% flesh. May contain traces of nuts)
    (Jako)

I don't know a lot about Kate Operating System 2, or any of her features, but I know for a fact that she's a vast improvement on the first installment with less bugs and crashes, therefore she's awesome. She's C&H's very own GLaDOS.

KateOS2 is far more than your standard Linux-based computer operating system, rather it is a fully formed Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System. It has a wide variety of features including multitasking and support for up to five Personalities(TM). Kateos2 requires 1gb RAM and a suitable Mac-formatted Blank Android.
    (Bob and Colm!)

kateos2 posts so frequently about all her yummy sounding baked goods that she made me want to hate her for making me salivate at my laptop screen >_<

However, it is literally impossible to hate the girl, she is far too nice! I dream of the day when she will bake me something (gluten and dairy free of course) and it will be delicious, the start of a beautiful relationship between myself and kateos2. We'll go out on many dates, it'll be so romantic and at night we'll go back to my place and lie on that enormous bed and.... :eek: So yea, she's great :D
    (Hotaru)

kateos2 is pretty cool I guess, I gather she like, bakes, and stuff?
    (Pygmalion)

And, to conclude:

Kate is a pretty cool girl (for a UCD student), seh drinks fnacy cocktails and doesnt afraid of anything
    Aoibheann

First questions from me:
    If you were to recommend 3 music tracks, what would they be?

Could you pick a handful of good films? (These questions help with "It's so hard to choose" answers =])

Do you know any C&Hers IRL?

You have a day all to yourself, lots of money, your friends are all around if you want to do something with them and it's your favourite time of year.
    How do you spend the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Great intro or THE greatest intro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

If you could bake something in the shape of any object, what object would you emulate?

How chocolatey would you make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

\o/, it's Kate! :D

So, questions:

Generic:

- What is your favourite meaning of \o/?
    - Do you like to dance? If not, whyever not? :eek:
    - What irritates you most about society, and what is your favourite thing about it?

Others:

- Favourite things to bake?
    - Nicest cocktail you've tasted thus far, and can we do cocktails/mocktails again? :)
    - Any major life-type plans?
    - Ben and Jerrys vs. Haagen Das? Which flavour of the winner?
    - Favourite country you've visited and where would you ideally like to visit?
    - Highlights of 2010 thus far (well, it's all downhill in terms of hours of daylight from now D: )?

More when I think of 'em! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What is the difference between Chocolate cake and Chocolate fudge cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Kate, I love you but do you love me? :)

GAA, yay or nay?

Best thing you've ever baked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Is it just me that thinks <3 looks like an ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

If Aoibheann and I were to cover you in glittery eyeshadow, which colour would you like it to be?

Favourite thing to bake?

Do you also waste days after days hanging around the Sinus? (The green couches in Newman next to the EH staircase...)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Do you believe my romantic scenario could possibly come true?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Thanks guys :)

If you were to recommend 3 music tracks, what would they be?
    Hmm, well at the moment I can't stop listening to the fray's version of heartless, so definitely that. Another one I can never get sick of is Poison Oak by Bright Eyes, and Candy Staton and The Source's version of You've go the love (Not Florence's one).

Could you pick a handful of good films? (These questions help with "It's so hard to choose" answers =])
    I'm a real sucker for romantic comedy's. Some of my favourite movies would be the first sex and the city, Love Actually, Juno, Stand by Me, Life of Brian, The Green Mile and Riding in cars with boys.

Do you know any C&Hers IRL?
    Yup, I've met a fair few. Extrasupervery is in some of my lecture's in college, then I've met Sarcatic_Fairy, Fad, Ginja, A_Neurotic, Aoibheann, Insect Overlord, D4rk Onion, and I'm sure probably a few more at the UCD beers and a C&H meet up I went to. Sorry if I forgot anyone :(

You have a day all to yourself, lots of money, your friends are all around if you want to do something with them and it's your favourite time of year.
    How do you spend the day?

Honestly, I'd probably go to the beach, have a bbq, ice cream and a few drinks, watch the sunset and just have fun really
    Jako8 wrote: »
    Great intro or THE greatest intro?
    THE greatest intro.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    If you could bake something in the shape of any object, what object would you emulate?
    I've always wanted to make a cake in the shape of a camera. Or make one so it looks like whoever I'm baking for, that'd be pretty cool.

How chocolatey would you make it?
    So chocolatey, I can't even describe.
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    \o/, it's Kate! :D

So, questions:

Generic:

- What is your favourite meaning of \o/?
    I think it was you who actually told me pretty much the only meaning I know which is yay, so that. Before that I hadn't a clue what the hell it was.
    - Do you like to dance? If not, whyever not? :eek:
    I do and I don't, usually a tell tale sign I've had to much to drink is when I suggest dancing. I don't particularly like it because I'm terrible at dancing. But in the privacy of my room I always do.
    - What irritates you most about society, and what is your favourite thing about it?
    I hate how judgemental and rude people can be. Like today I was walking down the road, and 2 people were standing right in the middle of the footpath, having a chat, not moving for anyone, they didn't even move when a woman in a wheelchair was trying to get by. I can't stand people who slag disabled people or don't try and help if they ask. I think that's horrible.
    My favourite thing would probably be the opposite of that, when you see people being kind to other people for no reason, people underestimate how much a polite smile or saying something nice to someone can change a person's mood.

Others:

- Favourite things to bake?
    At the moment, any form of cupcakes, I'm getting better at doing icing and stuff and making them look pretty.
    - Nicest cocktail you've tasted thus far, and can we do cocktails/mocktails again? :)
    Harvey Wallbangers, So much <3 for making me try them, still my favourite I've tried. We still have to have that karoke/cocktail/mocktail night!
    - Any major life-type plans?
    Not really, my only thing I really want to do is travel, lots. I plan on taking 2 or 3 years out after college, saving up, then travelling and working. I want to be in every country in europe, and visit every other continent too. I also won't die happy if I don't make it to Egypt.
    - Ben and Jerrys vs. Haagen Das? Which flavour of the winner?
    Hmm tough call. Think I'm going to go with Haagen Das Pralines and Cream or Strawberry Cheesecake
    - Favourite country you've visited and where would you ideally like to visit?
    I really like Sydney when I was there, other than that I loved Gran Canaria, away from the beaches in the mountains, is amazing, a completely different world that so many people who go there never see.
    Place I wanna go, is Egypt. I've always had a fascination with it since I was about 8, collecting loads of Egyptian stuff, so I have to go there.
    - Highlights of 2010 thus far (well, it's all downhill in terms of hours of daylight from now D: )?
    Hmm, I'm not really sure. Greenday, even though it was only last week was one. Just lots of random days with my friends and stuff have been fun. Summer so far in general has been really good.
    unknown13 wrote: »
    What is the difference between Chocolate cake and Chocolate fudge cake?
    Chocolate fudge cake always has a chocolate fudge icing, and generally has melted chocolate in the recipe instead of cocoa powder which would be in normal chocolate cakes. It also has sourcream in it. I think that's it anyway.

Kate, I love you but do you love me? :)
    Love is a strong word... So, yes.

GAA, yay or nay?
    Nay, to most sports really

Best thing you've ever baked?
    I'd say chocolate peanut butter brownies or strawberry cheesecake cupcakes.
    Is it just me that thinks <3 looks like an ass?
    It kind of does now that you mention it. But I prefer heart :)
    If Aoibheann and I were to cover you in glittery eyeshadow, which colour would you like it to be?
    As many ridiculously bright colours as possible.

Favourite thing to bake?
    Cupcakes at the moment

Do you also waste days after days hanging around the Sinus? (The green couches in Newman next to the EH staircase...)
    Yes, those couches are so comfy. The chairs are nowhere near as comfy as look from far away! :(

Hotaru wrote: »
    Do you believe my romantic scenario could possibly come true?
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Heaviest band you like?

Enjoying the content of your course at all?

What are your hobbies / interests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

What kind of camera do you have?

Who's your favourite photographer if you have one?

Can you make me a gingerbread man?!

If you had a daemon(a part of your soul that resides outside your body in the shape of an animal, this explanation might be completely unnecessary but I'm not sure if you have read the books!) What animal would it be?

Favourite small insignificant thing you love about your world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

First Bright Eyes song you ever heard?

Favourite Bright Eyes album?

Opinions on the alcohol culture in Ireland?

Living at home for college - yay or nay?

What subjects are you majoring/minoring in?

Worst and best things about UCD?

Fad wrote: »
    Heaviest band you like?
    Probably Muse. Are they considered heavy?

Enjoying the content of your course at all?
    I did more in semester 2 than semester 1, there were more interesting modules in that.
    What are your hobbies / interests
    Photography, Music, Baking, going out with my friends, I really don't do much
    What kind of camera do you have?
    I've a nikon D40, which I have such a love hate relationship with.

Who's your favourite photographer if you have one?
    I really like Ansel Adams stuff.

Can you make me a gingerbread man?!
    I can try, I've never done one before, but nothing is impossible!

If you had a daemon(a part of your soul that resides outside your body in the shape of an animal, this explanation might be completely unnecessary but I'm not sure if you have read the books!) What animal would it be?
    Love those books! I always used to try and think of what mine would be when I was reading them, I'd say definitely something obscure, but still cute, so maybe like a red panda

Favourite small insignificant thing you love about your world?
    After about 8 years of getting buses pretty much everyday, to school/college/my friends, I've really grown to like bus rides. I find them really relaxing, and I go completely into my own world with my ipod and have some lovely daydreams. That's when my bus decides to show up anyway.
    Hotaru wrote: »
    First Bright Eyes song you ever heard?
    Pretty sure it was First Day of My Life

Favourite Bright Eyes album?
    I'd say I'm Wide Awake It's Morning.

Opinions on the alcohol culture in Ireland?
    It's ridiculous. Especially with how young people are starting drinking. I've never really been a big drinker, I'd prefer to just have a few cans and relax, I always hate the feeling of embarrassment waking up after a really drunk night. I never really plan to get like that. Unlike pretty much all my friends, who go out nearly every night, get completely wasted and do it all again. I'm over all that shít, I've realised lately how alcohol affects me badly, so have majorly cut back. But yeah, people here need to realise you can have fun without alcohol, some of the most fun nights I've had have been with my best friend who doesn't drink and I wouldn't drink around.

Living at home for college - yay or nay?
    It's a yay and a nay, if I lived a bit closer to college it would be better, no nitelinks on weekdays, so last buses/darts are at like half 11, and taxis home cost about €60/70, so rules that out. But living at home is cheaper and without a regular job I wouldn't be able to afford to move out, someday though.

What subjects are you majoring/minoring in?
    I think I'll be majoring in Sociology. I'm still waiting to hear back if I've gotten a place to do psychology as a minor, should hear that within the next few weeks, if I don't get that, I still want to drop economics, and will probably pick up drama studies.

Worst and best things about UCD?
    Worst: It's so ugly. I hate the look of it, it's just concrete everywhere, the arts building is especially horrible.
    Best: There's so many societies and stuff, which I plan on actually plan on getting involved in next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Weirdest dream you've ever had?

If you were a pokemon, what kind would you be?

If you were on death row, what would you request for your final mean?

If Stephen Fry (or whoever you consider to be the most awesome person in the wolrd ever) was coming to dinner at your house, what would you cook? And, more importantly, what would you bake for dessert?

How devestated are you that we haven't met IRL yet? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

If you could change one thing what would it be?

What am the sky?

Favourite Colour?

Favourite Smell?

Favourite Flavour?

Favourite question to ask/see asked in the playpen?

your answer to it?

Weirdest dream you've ever had?
    All my dreams are pretty weird. I had a recurring one, where me and a guy I used to be friends with had to save the world from vampires. It used to scare the crap out of me.

If you were a pokemon, what kind would you be?
    I was always a fan of pikachu, psyduck and jigglypuff, so some form of combination of those.

My final mean? It'd have to be to punch the person I hated most in the face, but if I was on death row, I'm assuming it'd probably be for killing the person I hated the most so, it's be the second most hated person.

If Stephen Fry (or whoever you consider to be the most awesome person in the wolrd ever) was coming to dinner at your house, what would you cook? And, more importantly, what would you bake for dessert?
    Hmm, well I like italian food, so some form of cheesy garlic bread, probably pasta carbonara cos that's one of the few things I make well, then I'd make a selection of various cupcakes for dessert. That, or just dessert for the 3 courses.

How devestated are you that we haven't met IRL yet? :P
    I would like to answer this with an extract from a poem by Syreeta Elie:
    "Until we meet
    My nights will be a little colder
    My days a little shorter
    My heart will beat a little less rapid"
    "Until we meet
    I will not feel whole
    My world will seem incomplete
    Until that wonderful day"
    If you could change one thing what would it be?
    I'd make everyone be nice to each other, and let go of petty issues and grudges.

What am the sky?
    Purple

Favourite Colour?
    Bright green

Favourite Smell?
    I love the smell when grass is just cut. And the smell in free classes in the canteen just before break in secondary school of the cookies they made everyday baking, so good!

Favourite Flavour?
    Strawberry

Favourite question to ask/see asked in the playpen?
    Hmm, I don't know, they're all so good, couldn't choose just one!

your answer to it?
    Same as above really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy? Jennifer lopez or mariah carey? Gareth Gates or Will Young?

Opinion on Michael Buble and his whole marraige thing with some woman?

tom-ah-toe or tom-ay-toe?

How do you pronounce sliothar?

If you needed to go, to get away from everything (I've seen that ad several times today), where would you go?

Nightclubs or bars?

Chocolate or Ice-cream?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Me wrote:

I meant "meal" :o I fail at typing.

So I'll try again; if you were on death row (for killing the person you hate the most, and then punching the person you hate second most) what would you request for your last meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What was the most significant event in your life in the last 5 years?

Why is there a 2 in your name? Why 2?

Eminem: Yay or nay?

Did you enjoy my introduction contribution as much as I enjoyed writing it?

Strangest place you've slept?

Furthest place you've travelled to?

Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy? Jennifer lopez or mariah carey? Gareth Gates or Will Young?
    Officer Jenny. Mariah Carey. Gareth Gates

Opinion on Michael Buble and his whole marraige thing with some woman?
    Well, considering I have landed myself hours in the Aviva stadium, when he plays there, he will meet me, and realise that he just hadn't met me yet, so that abomination will be stopped and he will marry me instead. Fact.

tom-ah-toe or tom-ay-toe?
    tom-ah-toe

How do you pronounce sliothar?
    slit-er

If you needed to go, to get away from everything (I've seen that ad several times today), where would you go?
    I think if I was by myself, it's either be Killarney, or the Kopenhagen, love both of those places.

Nightclubs or bars?
    Bars for me, I like to be able to hear myself think.

Chocolate or Ice-cream?
    Ice-cream. While I've always liked chocolate, I've never been a huge fan of it and can't eat huge amounts, ice-cream on the other hand I could live off.
    I meant "meal" :o I fail at typing.

So I'll try again; if you were on death row (for killing the person you hate the most, and then punching the person you hate second most) what would you request for your last meal?

Heh I guessed you mean meal, but thought I'd go with mean for no real reason.
    Em my last meal? I'm not really sure, it'd probably involve steak of some sort, and ice-cream too
    jumpguy wrote: »
    What was the most significant event in your life in the last 5 years?
    There's no one huge event, but I'd say not studying for the leaving and missing out on the course I really wanted to do was pretty significant

Why is there a 2 in your name? Why 2?
    Well, many, many years ago when I was signing up for bebo/msn or something like that, I tried to do kateos, but that was gone so 2 seemed like the next logical option, and I have the same user name for pretty much everything.

Eminem: Yay or nay?
    I used to like him, didn't like his last album, but the new song I heard on the radio sounded half decent.

Did you enjoy my introduction contribution as much as I enjoyed writing it?
    It was beautiful.

Strangest place you've slept?
    Probably in my car at oxegen with 3 other people after our tents had been destroyed by the wind and rain.

Furthest place you've travelled to?
    Sydney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Heston Blumenthal, genius or weirdo?

Favourite soft drink?

Who's going to win the world cup?

What would you like your epitaph to say?

What will tomorrow nights main lotto draw numbers be?
    Are you confident enough in these for me to put my life savings of eleventy euro on these numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Favourite/ Least favourite subject at school?

Most played song on your itunes?

Reason you chose your college course?

Favourite tv show?

Daddy or chips?

Who would you most like to punch in the face?

What is the best photograph you took?

What would you bake your own wedding cake?

Heston Blumenthal, genius or weirdo?
    A brilliant weirdo. I don't think anyone who's a genius isn't a weirdo tbh.

Favourite soft drink?
    Irn Bru or Fanta Exotic

Who's going to win the world cup?
    I put €2 on Argentina, so hopefully them.

What would you like your epitaph to say?
    Hmm, not something I've really thought about, something short, sweet and witty I suppose.

What will tomorrow nights main lotto draw numbers be?

4, 15, 36, 8, 7 ,5

Are you confident enough in these for me to put my life savings of eleventy euro on these numbers?
    Yes, if they don't win, I will give you half my winnings from my recent win of the internet awards, we just have to email our bank details, names, addresses and a copy of ID to collect them.
    Favourite/ Least favourite subject at school?
    I really liked economics, but I think that was more the class than the subject, either that or it's just very different in college. I couldn't stand Irish, found it boring and frustrating the way it's taught.

Most played song on your itunes?
    Don't use my itunes much, but on my ipod it's The Middle by Jimmy Eat World with a whole 47 plays, followed by heartless by the Fray with 37. I only got my ipod about a month ago though.

Reason you chose your college course?
    I didn't, I missed out on my main choice by like a hundred points, and missed out on the chance of doing it in scotland by 2 grades. Then I missed out on my second choice that I also really wanted by 5 points, so I ended up with arts.

Favourite tv show?
    Sex and the City or Scrubs.

Daddy or chips?
    Chips
    Who would you most like to punch in the face?
    At the moment, George Hook on that stupid sky + ad :mad:

What is the best photograph you took?
    I don't know about my "best". But my favourites would be these:

D936BC2F4E2F4684BF69958B0484DA6C-240.jpg

6FAFD5AAB2164395AB4985C20199EA2D-240.jpg

8F5AFF0E5D1848568583D5B34AB00E3F-240.jpg

2D5E29AE78124D578538A7AE080AC3FB-240.jpg

(click for bigger sizes if you want)

What would you bake your own wedding cake?
    I'm a fan of the classic victoria sponge with jam and cream, and then I'd love to learn to do cake icing properly and make something cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Going out or staying in?

Favourite/least favourite thing about summer?

Favourite cheesy song?

Best store bought cupcakes? (Lolly and Cooks FTW)

Peanut Butter, smooth or crunchy?

Pavlove wrote: »
    Going out or staying in?
    Bit of both really, depends on my mood.

Favourite/least favourite thing about summer?
    When it's sunny, and being able to sleep. I hate the lack of money, and job hunting involved

Favourite cheesy song?
    So many, my ipod is filled with cheesy songs. Probably something S Club 7

Best store bought cupcakes? (Lolly and Cooks FTW)
    I don't buy them too often, but the Marks and Spensers ones are pretty good.

Peanut Butter, smooth or crunchy?
    Smooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Fave movie of all time?
    Best experience you've ever had?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement