Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agent Advice

Options
  • 28-06-2010 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I have let my apartment in Dublin 10 in March 2009 through a letting agent, they found the best tenant ect at the time and they manage the property also.

Over the last year the tenants have only paid rent on time 3 months, they receive rent allowance and this is blamed alot of the time, that they haven't received it ect....

Since October 09 the letting agents will not reply to any of my emails regarding late payment ect. I have also added up a discrepancy of EUR 1,000 that I have not received from them, I can't get an explanation of expenses paid or anything to file my tax return.

I am living in Sydney so can't call down to the office

Any advice on what I should do? I know everyone just wants an easy life but feel as I am paying them every month they could at least respond to my emails and let me know what's going on!

Is it difficult to terminate an agreement with letting agent/ tenants?

Anyone recoomend a letting agent that serves Dublin 10?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Have you somebody over here who could deal with them for you, pay them a visit etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chalmers

Hi Scudzilla,

yep I have family at home but they live over an hour and half drive away from where the letting office is and I don't see it as fair to get them involved, the main reason I got a letting agent in the first place was that I wouldn't have to be annoying them every time something went wrong, I didn't foresee that my problems may be to do with the letting agent as well!

I will be home myself in October for a visit and look forward to paying a visit to them myself as I am not a happy camper!

I would love to get rid of them and deal with someone else ideally, but I'm not sure if the rental market has picked up that much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

We are having a similar issue regarding no contact from the agent (though thankfully have good tenants, but they want out come August) and after not hearing one good thing about letting agents, trying to learn from our mistake and convince a friend to let the property for us this time.

Are you sure the letting agent still exists? We rented ours through one (Red Properties), and they seem to have disappeared- offices closed, phone disconnected etc. Maybe you can have someone go by their offices, or even just do some googling to check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chalmers

Hi Silja,

yep i'm pretty sure they still exist, had thought of that a while ago! They did answer the phone to me once about 2 months ago now and i keep getting read receipts for my emails, so they are getting them just not responding to them! and there is nothing on google about them

So I just don't know what they are at, it's not a big deal to reply and even just say "we'll look into it and get back to you"! oh well

Advertisement