Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flippin' Dunnes Stores

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Magenta, reading your sig, you do seem "angry".

With rainbows and smiley faces and Girls Aloud song lyrics? Yep, real angry.

In case you didn't understand, the link to Ranting & Raving is for people like you who want to complain but don't want to hear anyone else's point of view. (If you actually read it, it says "Angry?" not "I am angry").

Look, just give it up. You've made a complete fool of yourself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Magenta wrote: »
    Look, just give it up. You've made a complete fool of yourself here.

I disagree. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

budgemook wrote: »
    So breaking the dog rule is bad but conning them to provide a service that they don't want to is ok? Seems hypocritical to me. I think both things are fine, just saying.
    If you had to be sneaky about it by going on different days, as you suggested, then yes, you are trying to con them. Otherwise you'd be able to do it on the same day, maybe you can, but you suggested conning the store if necessary.

I couldn't see there being a problem with it but just in case the staff remember the OP (there can't be that many customers with a Bichon Frise puppy) and react to the OP's attitude then maybe it might be an idea to do 2 separate transactions

In my store I personally wouldn't have a problem with it but I am not completely sure of Dunnes policy on putting back returned stock(many stores have to have all returns cleared by a manager before they can be put back out for sale) on the floor so to err on the side of caution I suggested that the OP do this on 2 separate days.

To suggest this is fraud just shows how you don't want to actually help the OP you are just arguing for the sake of it

I disagree. :)

You know, the clever thing to do might be to actually complain to Dunnes instead of moaning here. Although maybe leave the fluffy handbag accessory home this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

To suggest this is fraud just shows how you don't want to actually help the OP you are just arguing for the sake of it

Ah yeah, I am just arguing for the sake of it, but that's just what everyone else is doing. OP just decided to come on a have a bit of a moan about a bad experience in a shop and next thing everyone is saying she's an idiot and that her retail management course was a crap course and that she has made a fool of herself. I mean come on, if that's not arguing for the sake of it I don't know what is. She never once said she thought Dunnes were breaking the law, she just said that she thinks they should treat the customers better / different than they do. She's entitled to do that without all sorts of feckers people becoming down right insulting towards her.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, I am just arguing for the sake of it, but that's just what everyone else is doing. OP just decided to come on a have a bit of a moan about a bad experience in a shop and next thing everyone is saying she's an idiot and that her retail management course was a crap course and that she has made a fool of herself. I mean come on, if that's not arguing for the sake of it I don't know what is. She never once said she thought Dunnes were breaking the law, she just said that she thinks they should treat the customers better / different than they do. She's entitled to do that without all sorts of feckers people becoming down right insulting towards her.

I never said her course was crap or that she made a fool of herself.....she was 100% in the wrong and i.m.o shouldn't have posted this complaint but hey thats just my opinion.

I don't understand how they could've treated her better she wanted a resolution that wasn't and never has been available in dunnes ( credit note) gift cards are only available as part of a cash/credit card transaction so she was looking for something that was just not possible!

As for the dog thing, anybody who's ever had to clean up after an irresponsible dog owner would say the same as the majority of posters on this thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But lads, is this is a consumer issues forum or a consumer moaning forum :p ???

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    But lads, is this is a consumer issues forum or a consumer moaning forum :p ???

Thats how I feel, the OP was not treated harshly and has no complaint under consumer law....as another poster recommended, maybe the R&R forum as this is not a legitimate complaint :D

Maybe the cuckoos nest , lots of visceral lapdog lovers and dunnes haters in there :D

As for the dog thing, anybody who's ever had to clean up after an irresponsible dog owner would say the same as the majority of posters on this thread

Yep- plus, any dog can snap- if someone was to try and pet the OP's dog and it snapped, the first thing they would want to know is why the store had a dog in it in the first place. There could be issues of liability there.
    Not to mention that some people just plain don't like dogs, especially small ones which tend to be a bit yappier and more spoiled than the bigger ones- "sure he's only little" is the usual response. Which, coincidentally, is one of the first things the OP tried to defend herself with.

• Advertisement

I have a savage Cairn Terrier who has never been to Dunnes in his life :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread has seen enough stupidity from everyone involved.

Thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement