Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU/Oscail MSc Management of Information Systems Strategy

Options
  • 28-06-2010 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,
    is there anyone on Boards currently enrolled in or who has done this course? I'd like some insider info on it please.

Thanks,
    seventyeight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Be very cautious of DCU/Oscail. I'm currently fighting with them to allow them to sit my exams in August, I had to miss mine in May, and they are quite difficult to convince. Nice, especially after a few years of giving them 1600 Euros annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

Yeah, thanks. Why are you having these problems? Which course are you doing?

I'm wary of them myself from trying to study with them before. Twice! There was no support for part-time students. I travelled 100mile round trips to find out tutorials had been cancelled or rearranged on the whole class without notice, tutors going AWOL mid-module, zero-flexibility considering who the courses are aimed at etc. These were just some of the problems.

How come Oscail and DCU continue to be so problematic?! It's not like it's cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

I'd like to bump this thread as interested in doing this masters ( distance learning). If anyone has experience good or bad please let me know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

I was interested into applying into the same course as the OP.
    But this master is very expensive: it would cost over 9k in 2 years.
    Isn't there any cheaper alternative to this..?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has undertaking this course and what their experience of it was? I might apply for the January starting module.

• Advertisement
Advertisement