Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Litter Tray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I had one a few years ago, it was great. Just check the size as I have seen them since in shops and some are quite small.
    The filters last for ages and to be honest if you clean it daily, there won't be much smell anyway.
    My cats were used to a cat flap, but I had to leave the flap off for a couple of days then they were fine once they got used to it.

I know I got filters from somewhere, think they were for a hoover of something, I had to cut them in half to fit, they're just activated charcoal filters so you'll probably find them somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

yea mine are not use to a cat flap so it will take some time for them to get use to this. Thats great thanks ill pop across and pick one up at lunch, and ill have a look for filters around other pet shops and electrical stores and such :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I had one of those ones and didn't find it great. Its quite big and chunky looking and i ended wasting loads of litter. I got one of these instead http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/hooded_litter_box/127397 and its much better. It fits in the corner behind the door and is just a lot neater.

The filter things you can buy in B&Q/Homebase/Woodies. Just cut them to fit. I usually stick an air freshner onto the top just to keep it fresh.
    You can prop the door open for them to get used to it, at the start my cat could get in but not out and she'd sit there looking real surprised but i used some chicken and she figured she had to push the door to get out.

Advertisement