Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Bike Bag

• 28-06-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good bike bag?

I already have a bike box, but I'm concerened about Ryanair's 20kg weigth limit, so thinking of getting a good (light) bag.

was thinking of getting this one:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23169

Does anyone have this bag?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I wouldn't put a good bike in a soft shell bag, the way they treat those bags is horrible. I have this, but it's heavy. With the bike and a few spare tubes it went up to 22kgs and ryanair will charge you for this extra. You can try putting your saddle and seapost in your checked bag if you have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I wouldn't put a good bike in a soft shell bag, the way they treat those bags is horrible. I have this, but it's heavy. With the bike and a few spare tubes it went up to 22kgs and ryanair will charge you for this extra. You can try putting your saddle and seapost in your checked bag if you have one.

Thanks Astra. I have the same box. I flew Ryanair last year to Malaga and they did'nt weigh it at Dublin or Malaga. Bit concerned that things have changed this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How about a Polaris Bike Pod?

6.7kg is pretty amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Lumen wrote: »
    How about a Polaris Bike Pod?

6.7kg is pretty amazing.

Half the weight and over twice the price..but I'm tempted. tks Lumen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

I have one of those bags that I use for my downhill bike. I have brought it with Ryanair to France and Spain and found it great for space and protection. The inside is well padded and the base is very strong. The only downside is if you are packing it with lots of heavy items you have to balance out the bag well or else it leans over to one side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement