Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date pub?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hello,

It's been a while since I've been on a first date, so I'm hoping someone can recommend a good spot in Dublin city centre. Someplace that's not too loud, but not so quiet that the barman can hear our every word. We're late twenties/early thirties. Haven't decided what day either so recommendations for what day of the week would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Javelin77

How about going to a nice fish restaurant? Some tricky unusual place. Could be more fun than pubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You my good friend need a wine bar.

That Ormonde Quay Wine Bar on Ormonde Quay (surprise surprise!) is a nice spot. Bit of live music in the evenings but you can sit away from it and have it as background ambience.

They do food too so you can get a bite to eat if it takes your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You my good friend need a wine bar.

That Ormonde Quay Wine Bar on Ormonde Quay (surprise surprise!) is a nice spot. Bit of live music in the evenings but you can sit away from it and have it as background ambience.

They do food too so you can get a bite to eat if it takes your fancy.

I've never been in this place but walk past it on a regular basis and I think it fits your bill pretty well. Comfy couches etc. Sometimes they have a jazzy type band in the evenings...
    Must try and drag my beer swilling philistines of friends in here sometime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've never been in this place but walk past it on a regular basis and I think it fits your bill pretty well. Comfy couches etc. Sometimes they have a jazzy type band in the evenings...
    Must try and drag my beer swilling philistines of friends in here sometime!

It's a lot bigger inside than you'd think - goes way back and they've also got a large basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Javelin77 wrote: »
    How about going to a nice fish restaurant? Some tricky unusual place. Could be more fun than pubs?

Personally I would avoid anyplace fishy on a first date. I've a guy asked me to meet me at a fish restaurant I would think it a tad random and odd tbh :)

Id always do a first date during the week, as every semi decent place is gona be packed at the weekend. The bar with no name is a nice place to go on a first date. I also really like The Living room,just of O'Connell street,buts its not everyones cup of tea.

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    Personally I would avoid anyplace fishy on a first date. I've a guy asked me to meet me at a fish restaurant I would think it a tad random and odd tbh :)

Id always do a first date during the week, as every semi decent place is gona be packed at the weekend. The bar with no name is a nice place to go on a first date. I also really like The Living room,just of O'Connell street,buts its not everyones cup of tea.

I was thinking of a slamin salmon type of restaurant. If you know the movie :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Javelin77 wrote: »
    I was thinking of a slamin salmon type of restaurant. If you know the movie :D

Messrs Maguires would be one I tend to think of, Bleeding Horse, Pandora on Bachelors Walk, all quiet enough to talk but busy enough so your not the only one in the place and have a bit of athmosphere and plenty of seats.

if u have buddha bar in ireland then ur problem is solved, perfect just perfect. after dinner u go to the second floor if u r in a mood for partying...what the hell why not.
    i used to take dates straight to partying there is no need to socialize.
    85586549_cd50c225d7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

thanks for the replies everyone. Not sure myself about the fish restaurant, mite be something to try later if the 1st date goes well;). The Ormonde Quay Wine bar looks like a good spot, think I mite give that a go.

So how was your date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I think the Long Stone, Dakota, and the Bailey are good for a date. :cool:

Advertisement