Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Query - prepaid or...?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Greetings all - I'm new to the country, and have had my BoI account for about a month. My salary is direct-deposited to the account, and I have a Lasercard through BoI as well.

I notice that very few websites accept Lasercard as payment, and I'm wondering what the best option is for me as far as a credit/debit card for online use...

I don't think BoI will issue me a credit card for at least 6 months (at least that's what I've heard), so it seems like something like a 3V prepaid card might be the best option, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Moneybookers prepaid Mastercard is quite good, and you can direct deposit money with your Laser card. Have been using it quite a lot, and never encountered to anykind of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

Thanks for the tip. I set up a Moneybookers account, confirmed my Lasercard with them (via a <3 Euro debit on my account) and now when I try to 'upload funds' via my Lasercard, the transaction fails.

So no easy way for me to pay the 10Euro to apply for the Mastercard. Looks like I might have to go 3V...

Advertisement