Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here it goes Ive been seeing this girl for 18 month we both are bi and we r not out only 2 a couple of my close friends.We always did things together never with any1 else we made the reltionship about us not any1 else. anyways she for the 1st time in 18 month met my friends then she met my family (just as a friend) every1 loved her. I think its moving 2 fast so i told her i need space so now we r on a break now i dont no what to do HELP!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

Hi there,
    Can I ask why you think things are moving too fast? I reckon most people would think it quite normal to have met someones family within the first year, unless it was a very casual or very closeted relationship. Did she have difficulty with not being open about your relationship?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I think its moving 2 fast

I would not consider 18 months as moving too fast.

What's going on here that you are leaving out? You come across as panicked, can you explain why in more detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I guess im scared cause its my first proper relationship with a girl and we r both in the closet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

18 months? Thats a snails pace. If you aren't going to commit and come out for her leave her. You're leading her down the garden path.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

Do you think you might have panicked and gone on a break because with her starting to be involved in your "other life" it suddenly became more real, and probably one step closer to coming out to your family?
    Just an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Heres a suggestion, talk to her!!!

It sounds to me like your freaked out about your family knowing, probably not a healthy situation but my girlfriends family get on great with me and don't have a clue I'm going out with her. She'll come out when shes ready as will you, I think your girlfriend would understand that if you talked about it... I don't think its going too fast for you it may just be a little too close for comfort?

Don't mess her about though, most of the times I've heard the term "on a break" thats how its wound up, so you need to have a good look at your issues and discuss them, rather then just subjecting her to the outcome..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I guess im scared cause its my first proper relationship with a girl and we r both in the closet

If you really care for this person, then instead of breaking up with her you should be sitting her down and having a serious discussion regarding your future.
    It is unfair of you to be messing with her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Heres a suggestion, talk to her!!!

It sounds to me like your freaked out about your family knowing, probably not a healthy situation but my girlfriends family get on great with me and don't have a clue I'm going out with her. She'll come out when shes ready as will you, I think your girlfriend would understand that if you talked about it... I don't think its going too fast for you it may just be a little too close for comfort?

Don't mess her about though, most of the times I've heard the term "on a break" thats how its wound up, so you need to have a good look at your issues and discuss them, rather then just subjecting her to the outcome..

Thats exactly how i feel

Advertisement