Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residency question

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Another question....:o

I had my previous license registered to the family address where my father had it previously and there was never any problem. The shotgun is also securely stored there is a gun safe. On the new form though it asks for

Section 2.1 Address of usual residence (M) and Address of Secondary Residence (c)

I dont live at the family residence but am renting a house in a different county (but not that far away) and dont want to move the gun there so what do i fill in? Will this effect my chances of getting the license this time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I am doing the same. The home place has a monitered alarm, the safe, always someone at home. There was no problem with it at all. But im in the same county so it may be different as to which station you apply to. Best to chat the FO, see what he/she says, and leave a note about it with the application too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

So did u put down the home place as your usual or 2ndry residency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

As Dusty87 says, this is probably best discussed with your FO.

There ARE people out there with their firearms licenced with storage arrangements similar to what you describe, but I gather it's something that'll have to be to the satisfaction of the Gardai at both ends.

It gets more complicated if the two locations are in different Districts, and more so if they're in different Divisions or even Regions.

Also, having someone who is normally resident at the storage location licenced to hold the firearms would considerably ease the predicament, especially if they have access to the safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I put down my normal address but attached a letter saying where they are stored. Its on the form that if they are stored somewhere else add a note explaining.

Worth noting no one else has ever held a firearm in my family ( I mean either parent). But i put down that no one else has access to the safe but my self ( which is true).

Rovi, would you not think that they would rather you had your own safe rather than sharing as the other person has access to your firearms??
    Or is it normal for a shared safe??

Advertisement