Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I quit and now they wont pay me...HELP

Options
  • 28-06-2010 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, so here is the story so far.

I was working in a restaurant part time for only 5 weeks when another company offered me better job full time and better work environment. The only thing is they wanted me to start ASAP. With that I told my boss on the sunday I wanted to leave and told her that personal circumstances meant I couldnt work for there anymore.

She told me to come back the following friday to collect my wages for the sat and sunday worked and when i did they were not done and the she was on holidays for the week. Legally I didnt have to give a weeks notice since i was only there 5 weeks and not the required 13.

I am just wondering what is the next step to take to get the wages owed to me.

Thanks

Matthew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

go to the labour relations commission website and download a form for a rights commissioner case under the payment of wages act.
    read the accompanying notes document

fill in the form keep a copy and post it in

check out this link
    http://www.unionconnect.ie/rights/7/

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This seems to be happening alot right now! I never got paid from a job that I left back in December and even though I brought them to the Labour Court and the decision went my way I am still haven't seen a cent from my former employer.

I think companies/employers should have harsh penalties imposed for this sort of behaviour so it will discourage them from withholding wages. The only person who suffers in this situation is the former employee who ends up in a mountain of debt because some tight-fisted dictator blatantly breaks the law and seemingly gets away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What happened when you approached her after she came back from holidays?
    Legally I didnt have to give a weeks notice since i was only there 5 weeks and not the required 13.

That sets out the minimum notice period in the event that there is no notice period agreement in place.

Advertisement