Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call divert

Options
  • 28-06-2010 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Im setting up a new business and would like to keep my private mobile number private.
    So i was wondering if I can just buy a new vodafone sim, set it up to divert all calls to my private number, then basically put the new vodafone sim away in the office, not in a mobile or anything.

I tried something similiar this morning with my own sim, and diverted to calls to a landline and it worked fine, but im just wondering if this will work longterm?

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yes it will work longterm, but with VF there's a 15c per call divert charge so you'll need to keep that phone topped up with credit or calls wont be diverted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Thanks.
    15c! Feck it, i wonder are any of the other networks cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

All the other networks charge per min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

make sure you customise your voicemail too otherwise it'll say "you've reached the vodafone voicemail of [your private mobile number]"

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

Why don't you just get a new phone for the business?
    Diverting all your calls is unnecessary expense and confusion - if the number doesn't show up you won't know if the person calling is business or personal. Also if you forget to take it off you might miss/take calls at the wrong time...

• Advertisement
Advertisement