Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

loctite 609 620

• 28-06-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get green loctite - 609?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The last Loctite I bought (641) I got on e-bay for £3.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Lumen wrote: »
    The last Loctite I bought (641) I got on e-bay for £3.50.

Emmm i sorta need it today.

rebuilding my FSA ceramic mega-exo BB and it says:

"Tip: Use a small amount of green loctite 609 or 620 between bearing and cup. Doing so is better than grease at reducing possibility of dirt contamination and creaking between bearing and cup."

Any local stockists or?
    Impact of racing on one without green loctite?

Not done much with FSA. It is threaded or press-fit?

If threaded, just use anti-seize, grease or whatever until you can get the proper stuff.

I know with press-fit BB-86 (SRAM/Truvativ) the plastic cups are deformable which means re-doing it later isn't a good idea.

Not done much with FSA. It is threaded or press-fit?

If threaded, just use anti-seize, grease or whatever until you can get the proper stuff.

I know with press-fit BB-86 (SRAM/Truvativ) the plastic cups are deformable which means re-doing it later isn't a good idea.

Press fit.

Not sure what you mean about plastic cups being deformable?

I don't really want to risk a mechnical at the weekend so if I don't get it I'm thinking a DA BB instead (already on bike) but I prefer the way my Ceramic spins. Whether that translates to free speed or not I do not know.

EDIT: This is what I need.
    http://tds.loctite.com/tds5/docs/609-EN.pdf

tunney wrote: »
    Press fit.

Not sure what you mean about plastic cups being deformable?

With press-fit SRAM/Truvativ, the BB cups are made of deformable plastic. So you fit them and leave them until the BB needs to be replaced. If you pull and re-fit the BB, the cups are not as tight and they can creak (even more).

I vaguely recall the internet telling me that the worst creaking is from metal press-fit cups on a carbon BB shell, and that's the application where Loctite 641 is recommended (it isn't recommended for plastic cups). I bought it anyway, but didn't use it as I discovered the creaking was from my freehub. :rolleyes:

What are the FSA cups made of?

• Advertisement

With press-fit SRAM/Truvativ, the BB cups are made of deformable plastic. So you fit them and leave them until the BB needs to be replaced. If you pull and re-fit the BB, the cups are not as tight and they can creak (even more).

I vaguely recall the internet telling me that the worst creaking is from metal press-fit cups on a carbon BB shell, and that's the application where Loctite 641 is recommended (it isn't recommended for plastic cups). I bought it anyway, but didn't use it as I discovered the creaking was from my freehub. :rolleyes:

What are the FSA cups made of?

Metal :)

Fairly snug fit but I can't affort a failure.

Advertisement