Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime Scene

Options
  • 28-06-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Anyone know what happened at Centra during the night, all blocked off with crime scene tape this morning and Garda standing around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Iona1

There was a lot of noise in the area last night as has been for the last few nights and most weekends very late at night.

My boyfriend told me that the boat at the crossroads that the tidy towns people did a great job putting in was taken and moved into the centre of the road and that the half barrel tubs at centra were all tipped over when he drove by this morning. Might be something to do with it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

The reason I was asking is that one of our bins was moved in the garden, first we thought we were gone mad, just moved nothing else thankfully, I am in Blacklion, and since I was on before,seemingly other peoples bins and items in gardens were moved too, didnt hear anything, to do all that and not be disturbed, didnt notice the boat moved, but it was probably fixed back before I was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I saw the pots this morning alright. 4 out of 5 of them were tipped over. That was at 7.45 approx. Didn't notice any Gardaí around, but I was on a bus so I wasn't paying that much attention.

You'd like to think that people have better things to be doing other than trashing the place that they live, but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

The Ambiance sign was moved from outside Greystones Stores to Redford Park on Thursday night and loads of bins from willowmere were moved as well. There has been a lot of commotion late at night in redford park for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Iona1

One of the guys on our road had his bin tipped out twice in the one night on Wednesday or Thursday and there has been disturbances by drunk people roaring their heads off every night since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alex M

flower pots disturbed, bins moved. Im moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Alex M wrote: »

way ahead of you buddy, the for sale sign went up this afternoon.... no way am i living in an area where this kind of shenanigans goes on... will somebody please think of the children :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

jobless wrote: »
    way ahead of you buddy, the for sale sign went up this afternoon.... no way am i living in an area where this kind of shenanigans goes on... will somebody please think of the children :)
    Alex M wrote: »

yeah, nothing serious happens around here... say like, break-ins, murders.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't joke about it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The Guide wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened at Centra during the night, all blocked off with crime scene tape this morning and Garda standing around?

Centra was broken into and the ATM machine inside was damaged but no cash taken from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

jaffa20 wrote: »
    yeah, nothing serious happens around here... say like, break-ins, murders.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't joke about it tbh.

wasn't joking about break ins or murders.... were they mentioned in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

jaffa20 wrote: »
    murders.:rolleyes:

Jesus, its hardly feckin clondalkin.

1 Murder.
    Which was basically a scrap.

Hell the last time there was a murder in Greystones, Charlesland was fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Centra was broken into and the ATM machine inside was damaged but no cash taken from it.

What, no pictures John ? Thought you'd be on the scene there with your camera and catch them red-handed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

eigrod wrote: »
    What, no pictures John ? Thought you'd be on the scene there with your camera and catch them red-handed :D

Funny, i was going to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aislingp1

currently researching this area with a view to moving here with my family. im am now unsure as we already have this kind of behaviour where we presently live..... better the devil you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

aislingp1 wrote: »
    currently researching this area with a view to moving here with my family. im am now unsure as we already have this kind of behaviour where we presently live..... better the devil you know?

Aisling... its not common at all. Greystones is very relaxed and easy going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

aislingp1 wrote: »

You are researching an area by reading threads on a web forum?
    Don't you think that maybe a visit to somewhere may be in order?

Talk to a resident?

I reckon you should take that into consideration.
    I grew up in Greystones, most of my Immediate family still live there.
    My friends live there. I can honestly say that you're wasting your time looking here if you are getting that impression. Greystones is frickin' paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

d'Oracle wrote: »
    You are researching an area by reading threads on a web forum?
    Don't you think that maybe a visit to somewhere may be in order?

Talk to a resident?

I reckon you should take that into consideration.
    I grew up in Greystones, most of my Immediate family still live there.
    My friends live there. I can honestly say that you're wasting your time looking here if you are getting that impression. Greystones is frickin' paradise.

This guy is right. YOur better off heading down there mid-week and having a walk around and talking to people in coffee shops and stuff when they're quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alex M

he's right come down midweek and talk to people in the coffee shops, cause once the weekend comes and darkness falls....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aislingp1

oh i have travelled to both greystones and kilcoole for the last three weekends and of course i hit the local pubs more so than the coffee shops for information. its amazing what info you find out about an area down the local :D

Advertisement