Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap, Healthy Lunch in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 28-06-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me somwhere to get a good, Cheap, Healthy Lunch in Dublin City Centre -Preferably O'Connell street or somehwere near that

Sick of Centra Rolls!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Get a salad in Nude. It's on Suffolk Street.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Bit late for today but Soup Dragon on Capel St do a very good deal, also a site I know ive mentioned before on here (and Im not affiliated just a user and an avid lunch eater!!) is mylunch.ie, good few options there for Dublin 1.

What about bringing your own lunch in? Cheap and healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Bajoom in the Italian Quarter. Gorgeous,healthy burritos and fajitas,all for under a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sushi Place (I don't know the name) is on Liffey St

You get a good selection for about 6 euro and free soup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suziewoo

The Epicurean Food Hall on Abbey st has lots cheap eats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

suziewoo wrote: »
    The Epicurean Food Hall on Abbey st has lots cheap eats

Cheap, but the food is pretty grim. There's some nice korean/chinese restaurants on Parnell street. My favourite is Kimchi Hop House (close to the Shakespeare Pub). Cheap, fresh and tasty lunch menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

turbobaby wrote: »
    Cheap, but the food is pretty grim. There's some nice korean/chinese restaurants on Parnell street. My favourite is Kimchi Hop House (close to the Shakespeare Pub). Cheap, fresh and tasty lunch menu!
    Taco taco is good and so's La Corte. Rest, agreed. It's a damn shame too. When it first opened it was gourmands dream. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Soup Dragon is nyom. It does kinda meals in soup form, with good quality whole-grain bread and the like. All fresh ingredients cooked from scratch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Might find some healthy stuff in the Woolpack on Parnell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Cornucopia is a vegeterian spot on wicklow street. really healthy, really good value and most importantly, really tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Improbable wrote: »
    Cornucopia is a vegeterian spot on wicklow street. really healthy, really good value and most importantly, really tasty.

Meh. I've never been too gone on that place. Ate there a few times and was wholly underwhelmed by it.

Govinda's is much better for veggie food I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Improbable wrote: »

I love Cornucopia and I agree that the food is delicious and healthy but it's not good value. Years ago it used to be but over the past 4 or 5 years they've really hiked their prices up.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Govinda's is much better for veggie food I feel.

+ 1 for Govindas. I have it about once a week. Amazing food and great value. The one on Aungier Street is the tastiest, I find.

I couldnt recoment the Panama bar highly enough , just beside bachelors Inn.
    The food is fantastic. Best deal I think is Soup and toastie for 5 euro. The soups are homemade, broccoli, vegetable tomato.
    Also do a lovely fish and chips for about 8-9 quid. The food is really good , crispy salds, not soggy.Everything is made fresh for you.
    The staff cant do enough for you. You should give it a go. Cant beat 5 euro for a good filling lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Jeez I must have been in on their off day. Took 25 minutes to ladle some soup and make a plain ham and cheese sandwich (which I'd wanted toasted, but whatever) the other day. There was one other person eating and two aul fellas drinking at the bar so they were hardly busy.

Advertisement