Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for trouble

• 28-06-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is one of you boardsies but I happened on these vids today. It seems to me like someone with a bike and a headcam looking for trouble. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMj6PLeTO4 if someone was ridin up my back tyre like he is here I'd be upset...but he has 40plus videos of 'close calls' (matter of opinion) etc. Is this kind of thing common?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

To be fair, the field of view of that camera is very small, and the angle can be confusing with respect to distance. He may not be as close to the cyclist as he appears. Certainly though he is right behind him, I don't know why he didn't just overtake, there were plenty of gaps in the traffic.

I don't know what the deal is with people who record their trips. They seem to get into lots of encounters. Or perhaps it's simply that everyone has these mild encounters and promptly forgets them, rather then posting them on the internet for posterity.

edit - Another example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q30R_i-8Ho
    Should have moved out into the lane to prevent that happening. Then a toot of the airhorn which accomplishes nothing. Pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This guy seems like a dick imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

A good snot rocket would have given him something to post about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I only watched the posted link and the "Nearly doored" one.

With the sound on, I was surprised not to hear some ranting from the cyclist on "Nearly doored". So whilst I can't be bothered to muster an opinion about defensive cycling (or lack of), s/he doesn't appear to be a raging nutcase like some of the other examples posted from youtube in the past.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

One persons idea of danger is not anothers. I'm terrified of heights and drowning so I avoid towers and water, while other people climb buildings without safety equipment and swim the channel. If someone finds it dangerous to have five seconds to react while moving uphill, then maybe he too should avoid cycling because that's just not dangerous.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Spanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm terrified of heights and drowning so I avoid towers and water

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Have a look at his close pass with a car video! (reg 06-D-something is in the title)

shocking! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

He may not be looking for trouble - but he isn't trying very hard to avoid it imo. Looking over a few of the videos I think its a matter of time before he gets hurt. He should take more care of himself. Incident with red fiesta - technically the car is wrong but reading the road would tell him what the car was about to do. Got to love the russian guys comments under one of the vids about packs of wild dogs attacking cyclists! We have it easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tau

Wouldn't read that much into it - they're videos of not very exciting things which have been posted on youtube. Isn't that basically what youtube is for? There are boring videos of almost everything else on youtube, it was only a matter of time before someone started putting up cycling ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement