Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the guys who ran on the pitch after the Ire v Aus Game?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know how the guy is who ran onto the pitch at the end of the game and got taken out by a neck high tackle from 6 of the stewards?

I saw then drag him off the pitch and leave him on the ground at the back of the stadium. He didn't move for about 10 minutes until I presume an ambulance came for him?

He shouldn't have ran onto the pitch I agree but he didn't deserve to be assaulted by 6 guys just because he managed to outrun a few of them. Pretty shocking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

He could have been a knife yielding maniac, just because he is Irish doesn’t mean he is incapable of endangering someone, the stewarts should never take chances.
    He was not at some GAA inter county match where grown 20 stone men wantonly embrace their heroes on the field after the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yeah, I saw him get a few kicks alright. The lads who ran onto field at the MCG last year got a few slaps too and I believe they were fined in the courts. Pitch invasions are not part of Australian culture it seems. Some of the Irish contingent would do well to remember where they are and to show some respect, the same goes for the clowns that jumped of the Manly ferry a few weeks back. The manners of some Irish fans on Caxton Street on Saturday afternoon were embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

He was a drunken idiot

he could have easily been charged and deported - for what running on the pitch for the lads .... idiot

I wouldn't call what they did assault, it was crowd management.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

As far as I know its an $8,000 for such an incident in QLD! I thought it was a smashing tackle by the steward in the Black jacket...we could have done with him out there earlier! Either way suppose it was bad form but cant say it wasnt deserved to some extent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You can be charged with trespassing
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/01/2807114.htm
    he was eventually fined $9000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Back to the original question though.

Does anyone know him and what happened to him? i.e what injuries did he get from the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What is with Irish lads acting like complete **** at
    sporting events over here?

Happened at the International Rules in Perth where a group of tools decided to make a dash for the other side of the ground just after the game. Needless to say they were caught and given a bit of a roughing up.

Good enough for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Its pissed up lads having a bit of fun, no big deal. Unfortunately though quite a few aussies are braindead thugs so it doesn't suprise me what happened that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

hussey wrote: »
    You can be charged with trespassing
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/01/2807114.htm
    he was eventually fined $9000

Good. There will be a church gate collection and charity raffel in his parish next weekend to fund his fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Good. There will be a church gate collection and charity raffel in his parish next weekend to fund his fine.

maybe they should fund the possiblity of putting a brain in his head...... deserves to cop a big fine and whatever he got for being a dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Its pissed up lads having a bit of fun, no big deal. Unfortunately though quite a few aussies are braindead thugs so it doesn't suprise me what happened that lad.
    There are plenty of braindead Irish thugs wandering around making a nuisance of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

what needs to be remembered here is that he is in a foreign country and should respect that fact , he is not at the side of his local GAA pitch with his cousin playing full forward !!

Advertisement