Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog grooming in city

Options
  • 28-06-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Just wondering has anybody used a grooming service in town and what they thought of it.Have a 5month old yorkie who needs a trim!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

We've been to a few groomers with our various dogs over the past few years and right now we're going to the girl in The Dog Shop in Liosbaun. I have to say I find them excellent and quite reasonable too. My dogs are terrier cross, two are quite smooth haired while one has hair that will grow out and make her look very messy if left too long, but they do a fantastic job with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Have tried nearly all the groomers in the city and found Mario in Petworld to be the best, and also very reasonable; the cheapest I've ever tried actually and it's easy to drop off and collect the dog there.

I took my dog to the lady in the dogshop a few times but I found her to be a bit rude tbh. Fiona's dog grooming down Whesht isn't bad either; she's very nice; but she only works certain days in Galway.

Try Petworld and see what you think:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

John in Moycullen I believe is the best. Brought dog to a couple in the city years ago and in one we came back early and saw a woman knocking the ****e out of our dog and never went back. The guy in Moycullen seems to genuinely love dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Wompa1 wrote: »
    John in Moycullen I believe is the best. Brought dog to a couple in the city years ago and in one we came back early and saw a woman knocking the ****e out of our dog and never went back. The guy in Moycullen seems to genuinely love dogs

Is that the dog co. In woodstock? There rates seem quite reasonable,my parents use there kennelling service and are very pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

:eek::eek::eek:

Seriously??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Anyone I know goes to Una in the Claddagh, they have a really great reputation, a small business but really high quality. Even had a few celebrity dogs! Google Galway Groomers, Beattystown Claddagh. They are definitely dog lovers too.

Edit:
    Here's a site with Galway Groomers' Contact (as well as a bunch of others). All the ones on this list are accredited by the Irish Dog Groomers Association

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

F.Galway wrote: »
    Is that the dog co. In woodstock? There rates seem quite reasonable,my parents use there kennelling service and are very pleased.

That's where we bring our fella for grooming, worming and kenneling. Benjy (our industrial strength hair shedding dog!) gets excited as we get near the place.

If you bring your dog there for grooming, they offer nail trimming whenever you're passing for free.

http://www.thedogcompany.ie/

On a related note, we also use the vet in Barna (whose name I can never remember) opposite the Twelve. Again, the dog goes there happily (he gets upset anywhere near the last groomer and vet we used).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bubbles & Barks opposite the Vet in Barna. Katie is a total dog lover & comes highly recommended. The Vets are also superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

I use the vet out in oughterard.it's a bit of a trek but very reasonable in comparison to vet in town.Think I'll book an appointment with dog co. and see how she likes it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Cled

inisboffin wrote: »
    Anyone I know goes to Una in the Claddagh, they have a really great reputation, a small business but really high quality. Even had a few celebrity dogs! Google Galway Groomers, Beattystown Claddagh. They are definitely dog lovers too.

Edit:
    Here's a site with Galway Groomers' Contact (as well as a bunch of others). All the ones on this list are accredited by the Irish Dog Groomers Association

I also recommend Una in Salthill. Lovely lady and is very good with dogs. I wouldnt go to anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Dog grooming ?????

What! ya mean people are getting innocent dogs online in chat rooms and slowly but surely persuading them to do stuff??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

www.tailwaggers.ie are very good.She's based in Kilcolgan but I think comes to Briar Hill on Thursdays

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Again, its a little bit out but woofs and wags in Belclare are very good. They have been grooming for several years and several dogs they groomed won best in class and best in show at Castlehacket and Corrandulla shows recently.

Liam and Anne Marie are very good with dogs (and cats) and as far as I know they will collect your dog but you might check with them.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 11 3curiosity3

www.tailwaggers.ie are very good.She's based in Kilcolgan but I think comes to Briar Hill on Thursdays

I have to agree here, a little out of the way but is definitely worth the trip, would never bring my dog anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I can genuinely say I actually DO NOT KNOW how I would react if I saw someone treating my dogs like that.
    I know there could be very serious ocnsequences but the perosn in question would never forget me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

falabo wrote: »
    I can genuinely say I actually DO NOT KNOW how I would react if I saw someone treating my dogs like that.
    I know there could be very serious ocnsequences but the perosn in question would never forget me

I was very young at the time. My mother f**ked them out of it and nearly hit the woman in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 galway23

Cled wrote: »
    I also recommend Una in Salthill. Lovely lady and is very good with dogs. I wouldnt go to anyone else

Just to aggree with these comments.

Dog used to hate going to other groomers, now as soon as she arrives there she runs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunshinebright

Hi, I have a rescue collie dog. It used to be very nervous of going to the groomers. I simply couldn't leave it or get it groomed by any of the groomers. Then a friend of mine told me about Top Dogs in kinvara. He has a long haired german shepard which most groomers wouldn't touch. But found could be groomed by the groomer there. So I brought Bennie, my dog. Mark the groomer gave her lots of time to relax, she came out looking lovely and in really good form. I have her booked in again in 6 weeks.
    Mark was really kind to both the dog and me. He has a really way with animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunshinebright

Hi

I still use Top Dogs in Kinvara. I find he is very fair in price. I have also left her there when I was on holidays at Easter. She was very happy. His number is 0862446395. His wife is a vet and she treated Bennie when he got a cut to paw. Overall I think it an excellant service.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sorry for bumping an old thread but there's been no groomer in petworld where i used to go for a while now - just tried getting in contact with Una mentioned on previous page bur couldn't, i really need the groomer to be in the city - anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement