Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for opinion of Dr. Who fans...

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

My boyf is a big Dr. Who fan (he has tried to get me hooked, can't say he succeeded but I did enjoy the weeping angels). His birthday is coming up and I'm considering getting him two tickets to Dr. Who Live on ticketmaster. Would this be a good idea? :confused: Would it be worth going to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

There are different level of geeks. I watch the show and post here but would never turn up to something like that, nor buy Dr. Who related sutff. So what do you think - is he a real fanatic? Does he have merchanise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

mandz wrote: »
    My boyf is a big Dr. Who fan (he has tried to get me hooked, can't say he succeeded but I did enjoy the weeping angels). His birthday is coming up and I'm considering getting him two tickets to Dr. Who Live on ticketmaster. Would this be a good idea? :confused: Would it be worth going to?

i was thinking of going, it is a lot of the monsters on stage, fireworks, other sfx and the only appearances of the doctor and amy is on the big screen. now my main reason is my kids would - maybe - love it, and if i am having second thoughts on that you should think about it carefully, like ask him has he heard of it and see his reaction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Get him ... a fez & a bowtie. Sorted.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

pixelburp wrote: »
    Get him ... a fez & a bowtie. Sorted.
    :)

+1 on this... If he's a fan, he'll appreciate that...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The only paraphernalia I'd have any interest would be the replica sonic screwdriver and the shows are really only for the Uber nerds! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I went to the exhibit they had at Earl's Court a year or 2 back.

It was a bit flat... you just walked around looking at props from the new series.

But nothing can prepare you for how genuinely chilling it is to come face to face with a Dalek.

2657358940_55dc9b7549.jpg

I think the show will be worth it for that reason alone.

Sleepy wrote: »
    The only paraphernalia I'd have any interest would be the replica sonic screwdriver and the shows are really only for the Uber nerds! :p

look, having a pic of that bloke who was in 2000AD years ago as your avatar will not save you from being a nerd. if i go and post pictures of it, you will look. admit it ;)

I probably would...

You've got the avatar wrong though... it's from a comic book but it's a sketch of a real person. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Bill Hicks from Preacher, I believe.

right in one Raphael!

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    I probably would...

You've got the avatar wrong though... it's from a comic book but it's a sketch of a real person. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

thought the remeblance to Bill Hicks was there, but I at the same time thought that the character i was thinking of was in 2000ad and based visially on Hicks, but dammed if I can recall who he was.

Advertisement