If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MINI & MICRO SYSTEMS UPDATE FROM JOHN MC

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:07pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Dear Boardies,

I just thought I would give you a small update on what Mini & Micro systems we have on offer at the moment and any Boardie specials we can do on them - The main reason is that we have (finally) received a decent delivery of the stunning Marantz CR502 system back into stock which we have been waiting for weeks to get our grubby mitts on!

Starting with a small deal - but it's a real budget blowout - a real deal! - I just got a bin end in from Teac of the CDX9 slimline system CD/Radio/ Subwoofer - I really only do have a few of these and then they are gone - however I can do them at just £29.95/€36.99 (apologies but the pic does not show the sub!)

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6655

Next up I have the Pioneer DCS585 - this is a full blown 5.1 AV system - really slick looking

Pioneer DCS585
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6657

This is a superb one box 5.1 DVD Home Cinema system with HDMI out and USB input - it has a pretty unique speaker setup as you can use it either as a 2.1 or a 5.1 speaker system see details here:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...585/index.html

This system did retail at £329.95 - I can do it on a Boardies exclusive at just £219.95 / €269.99

Pioneer BCS-FS500

- Next up, again from the Pioneer bods - I have a Blu-Ray 2.1 system available - this is selling at €599 in the ROI - I have it available at a bonkers £279.95 / €349.99 again this offer is completely exclusive to Boardies and will not be offered at the same price in-store:

The FS500 has really stylish slim front speakers and a matching subwoofer - all powered by a 300watt amplifier - of course Radio and Blu-Ray are included - It's Dolby True HD Equipped and it includes an Ipod dock / cradle.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...500/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6656

This is our best ever Blu-Ray system deal (even our cousins in Richer Sounds PLC are selling them at £369.95 at the moment - so at £279.95 they really are a crazy deal!)

DENON DM38

Now for a newbie - we have finally received the new Denon DM38 into stock - this is the very latest generation of micro stereo systems from Denon and it sounds completely amazing!

It is available in both black & silver and whilst it does not look much different from the award winning DM37 the spec has been beefed up quite a bit - especially the ability to dock an iPOD directly via the standard iPOD cable and use the DM38 remote to control your pod..

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6658

We are doing the DM38 at £219.95/£274.99 and if you want to add speakers we will add the excellent Monitor Audio Bronze Reference One at just £99.95 - to make a package price of £329.95 / €399.99.

Here are the full specs for the DM38: http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&ver=1&MID=3&sub=3&action=detail&Pid=449

MARANTZ CR502

..Nearly there - of course we also have the MARANTZ CR502 which is just a superb system if you want a quality stereo system but want to keep it compact - we can do this on a Boardie special at just £339.95/€414.99 or again if you want to add speakers we can add the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference One speakers at £429.95 / €524.99 or the equally stylish and stunningly finished Monitor Audio Radius 90 HD at a mad £499.95 / €599.99 which is a £170 /€207 Boardie discount!

Finally

ARCAM SOLO MINI

Finally guys I have one of these Arcam Solo Mini available at a crazy £649.95!

Think that's it at the moment - I hope to post up new AV Receivers and also our range of Ipod docks later today so keep popping in and hopefully I will have some Boardie specials to interest you over the next 24 hours...

Thanks and as ever - drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

John

Please stop posting these specials. You're doing my nut in. I am an A/V addict and these constant temptations are dangerous to my health wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi John, Can you stick me down for one of the teac cdx9's. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PETERDGRIFFIN

John Can I get a CDX9 for Poickup in The Phillips Shop please

Thanks

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi John

How much is the DM38 on its own?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Szondi.

The Denon DM38 is priced at £219.95 / 274.99 Euro.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=48&SUB=49&ProductID=1058

These little units have just arrived in yesterday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi Guys,

does the boards discount apply to the DM38 & Monitor speaker package?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

does the boards discount apply to the DM38 & Monitor speaker package?

thanks.

I believe the prices listed above are already a boardies special price. The 10% discount is usually from the Philips Shop prices.

Hi who_ru.
    We are doing the DM38 at £219.95/£274.99 and if you want to add speakers we will add the excellent Monitor Audio Bronze Reference One at just £99.95 - to make a package price of £329.95 / €399.99.

As eddiem74 has posted the 10% is only available on Philips products sold via The Philips Shop.

The price above for the DM38 and the BR1 speakers in a super little price!! ;)

pity the price can't be a little superer............i will give a call in next week to have a look at the system - can you demo it?

You will not find those two items cheaper anywhere on line which make our price the most
    superer
    :D

You can indeed call in to our Belfast store for a Demo of both items.

If you let us know in advance of heading down we can have the system ready for Demo when you call.

• Advertisement

oh i thought it was in the philips shop on dame street - why did i think that? - anyway i'm in dublin so wouldn't be able to make it to belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Is there any Teac CD-X9 left and how much would be the postage to the south? Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rai555 wrote: »
    Is there any Teac CD-X9 left and how much would be the postage to the south? Cheers

Rai,

thanks a million for the post - unfortunately we have now sold out ( it was a bin-end we got less than 10 of them) but I'll keep my ear to the ground to see if there is anything similiar arounds and keep you posted.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

John, you always do your best, :D thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Hi john wondering if you do this http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/SC-HC40DB/SC-HC40DBEBN,en_GB,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Hi%20Fi&sz=10, if so best price delivery to galway, cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

chris1970 wrote: »
    Hi john wondering if you do this http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/SC-HC40DB/SC-HC40DBEBN,en_GB,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Hi%20Fi&sz=10, if so best price delivery to galway, cheers

Chris,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we don't have that unit available -

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6734

How about this one instead?

This is the Pioneer XW NAS1 - just launched at £249.95 and a really superb unit - it includes iPOD dock / DVD/CD Player / FM Radio / USB input/ HDMI output & it sounds great as well!

Keep me posted if this is interesting or if I need to go & do some more digging for you ;),

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Chris,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we don't have that unit available -

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6734

How about this one instead?

This is the Pioneer XW NAS1 - just launched at £249.95 and a really superb unit - it includes iPOD dock / DVD/CD Player / FM Radio / USB input/ HDMI output & it sounds great as well!

Keep me posted if this is interesting or if I need to go & do some more digging for you ;),

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

PM sent - cheers!!:D:D

Hi Ryanno.

PM sent to ya :D

Is the PM to John you have mentioned in this post regarding your original posts for an Amp etc or are you interested in one of the Pioneer XW NAS1 also? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Hi John Can you chalk me down for a Denon Dm38 with the monitor bronze speakers please

Hi phelixoflaherty.

Just sent you a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi phelixoflaherty.

Just sent you a PM :)

Hi Kenny/John,

Sent PM couple of days ago. Did you receive, or have I scared you all off??:o

Hey Ryanno.

Tried to give you a buzz earlier but got sent to the busy tone after a few rings.

Just to let you know the number I will be calling from is 00443339000071 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Hey John.
    I just got back in the country and I am trying to get some music set up.
    I have a lcd tv, dvd player, and would like to be able to run those and my ipod and my Macbook through the system, being able to play cd's would be a bonus but not a must have.

Really tight as I'd say it will be a while before I get work, would you have anything like that for around e150?

I know it's asking a lot, but said I'd give it a shot, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi ballyharpat.

Thanks for the post.

I have a clearance item which may fit the bill.

It's a Teac CRH228i which is a little micro system that comes with an Ipod dock. (sorry for the link !!!!)

This system was £129.95 when we had a brilliant offer on them (normally £179.95) but this is my last one which is an ex display model and I can do it for just £99.95 / 120 Euro.

Alongside this you would need a pair of speakers. There are lots of options here and to fit into the budget, the Eltax concept mini would squeeze in there at £19.95 / 24.99 Euro.

It would be €11.99 Euro to ship the two units, and you may need a bit of speaker cable but this would be the best system that I could recommend which will do what you need it to for the budget you need to do it in.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi Lads,
    Bit of a long shot here. I bought one of the the teac cdx9's from this thread and its lived in a spare room unopened (like a few of my RS bargains) until today. I connected it up and got the aux-in and radio working but the CD doesn't. It reads the disc but when i press play it just spins and 'esp' flashes on the display. I know its been awhile but it has honestly been left unopened in a room and not touched till today. Is there anything that can be done as the sound is great from the radio/aux and if the cd's played it'd be a great little system.
    Cheers, Mark.

PCDub wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    Bit of a long shot here. I bought one of the the teac cdx9's from this thread and its lived in a spare room unopened (like a few of my RS bargains) until today. I connected it up and got the aux-in and radio working but the CD doesn't. It reads the disc but when i press play it just spins and 'esp' flashes on the display. I know its been awhile but it has honestly been left unopened in a room and not touched till today. Is there anything that can be done as the sound is great from the radio/aux and if the cd's played it'd be a great little system.
    Cheers, Mark.

Hi Mark,

PM sent. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.