If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound system €1500 (& 50G20/V20) - advice & quote request

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I've previously posted here and was hoping you could provide some advice/quotes for surround sound system and AVR for €1500.

I've done some further searching since, and as for surround sound, I really like the look and reports of B&W 683 series. They look nice, good reviews and the room is quite big. However, they're probably out of my price range, especially as I would like an AVR in the €1500 budget I have for surround sound. Thus, something like B&W 685 series looks more reasonable (although I really would like proper floorstanders).

Also, I've done some further researching and decided that I will go for panasonic 50G20 or 50V20. Can you give you're latest price for these? (Including delivery to Dublin).

Can you give any good discounts for buying the whole lot together?

Finally, do you have a demo room that I could go and see the setup before I part with my cash?

Thanks,
    ucdier

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ucdier wrote: »
    Hi,

I've previously posted here and was hoping you could provide some advice/quotes for surround sound system and AVR for €1500.

I've done some further searching since, and as for surround sound, I really like the look and reports of B&W 683 series. They look nice, good reviews and the room is quite big. However, they're probably out of my price range, especially as I would like an AVR in the €1500 budget I have for surround sound. Thus, something like B&W 685 series looks more reasonable (although I really would like proper floorstanders).

Also, I've done some further researching and decided that I will go for panasonic 50G20 or 50V20. Can you give you're latest price for these? (Including delivery to Dublin).

Can you give any good discounts for buying the whole lot together?

Finally, do you have a demo room that I could go and see the setup before I part with my cash?

Thanks,
    ucdier

Ucdier,

many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

B & W is one of the few brands that we don't stock (at the moment)- but generally they are excellent speakers however both the 685 and def. the 683 will blow the doors off your €1500 budget if you would like a decent AV receiver as well in your system.

I can do a system as follows:

Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 5 * 1 Pair (Floorstanders for Fronts)
    Monitor Audio Bronze Reference FX * 1 Pair (Rear FX Speakers)
    Monitor Audio Bronze Reference Centre * 1 (Centre Speaker)
    Monitor Audio Silver Series RXW12
    * 1 (Active Subwoofer)
    Denon AVR1911 * 1 (AV Receiver)

The retail price of this system is approx £1900 / €2300 - I can offer it to you at just £1379 / €1699.99 - this system includes the Silver series RXW12 Subwoofer - if you went for the Bronze Series Sub the cost would reduce and would just squeeze into your €1500 budget.

On the 50G20 I can do that at just £1199.95 including a 5 year warranty and the 50V20 I can do at a competitive £1399.95 again including a 5 year warranty. (Both of these are UK spec TV's and you would have to satisfy yourself that they will work for you in all respects if you are in the ROI!)

Keep me posted if you need some more suggestions,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.