Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aborigines request deportation of French stripper

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see this?

Basically she climbs Ayers Rock, does a striptease, then posts the video on Youtube. Then a load of Aborigines went onto Youtube and got offended by it so asked the PM to deport her.

See here:
    Aborigines request deportation of French exotic dancer

Is it too much of a reaction? Or does she deserve what she gets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yes she deserves it, she's French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Oui ! Oui! encule ton "Naked Chick"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

she deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Did she brake any laws if not then this is a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Do you understand what Uluru is to the Aboriginal people?

Would you find it acceptable if the French stripper had gone into a Church, a Synagogue, a Mosque or a Buddhist temple and did a striptease in any of those places, and filmed it and put it on youtube?

She's a dumb bint. If anything she should be apologising profusely, but she's just making it worse by defending her actions and trying to say she knows what Uluru is and what it means and she was celebrating its spirituality.

By getting her tits out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

she probably didnt break any laws but its still utter disrespect to a sacred area of the local indigenous people. i would expect more from a european.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Since when did the french give a damn about anyone else? She disrespected a place that's sacred to the Aboriginal people. They don't even like tourists climing Uluru, let alone have somebody perform a striptease on it. I say deport her ass! ;)

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

You guys dont understand the power of uluru.

I know the first thing i did when i got up there was get naked and crack one off. It was my way of showing the aborigines my respect

Do you understand what Uluru is to the Aboriginal people?

Would you find it acceptable if the French stripper had gone into a Church, a Synagogue, a Mosque or a Buddhist temple and did a striptease in any of those places, and filmed it and put it on youtube?

She's a dumb bint. If anything she should be apologising profusely, but she's just making it worse by defending her actions and trying to say she knows what Uluru is and what it means and she was celebrating its spirituality.

By getting her tits out.

It’s not quite the same thing as going into a Church, a Synagogue, a Mosque or a Buddhist temple anyway as it may be a religiously significant site but it is outside! You could perhaps equate it to someone striping in a graveyard and no I wouldn’t want someone to get deported because they did that.

Besides aborigine women traditionally dance topless. So what is the big deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol ye well according to her, Aborigines are naturally naked so getting naked is a fitting tribute. So Brendan, obviously they woulda cracked one off naked so yours was apparently also a fitting tribute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Doc wrote: »
    It’s not quite the same thing as going into a Church, a Synagogue, a Mosque or a Buddhist temple anyway as it may be a religiously significant site but it is outside!

Yes it is. This is their religious site and it is outside.

hussey wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It’s not quite the same thing as going into a Church, a Synagogue, a Mosque or a Buddhist temple
    Yes it is. This is their religious site.

misquotation

I said
    Originally Posted by Doc
    It’s not quite the same thing as going into a Church, a Synagogue, a Mosque or a Buddhist temple anyway as it may be a religiously significant site but it is outside!

By leaving off the end of my sentence you completely changed what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

She is obviously a tasteless tramp but deportating her for it would be ridiculous. She wouldn't be deported if she did it in a mosque, synagogue or church, so why should she deported for doing it there?

misquotation

I said

By leaving off the end of my sentence you completely changed what I said.

fixed it now, I just left the 1st line there and got rid of rest, it did change what you said.

But my point of view hasn't changed at all.

If she stripped off outside Mecca (an outdoor area of religious significance) I doubt anyone would be saying she shouldn't be deported (if she survived!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

What's being outside got to do with it?

A sacred site is a sacred place whether it's inside or outside!

The aboriginals might take a big dump in the local catholic church, it's inside like a dunny. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Did she brake any laws if not then this is a load of crap.

No she didn't put on the brake.

But she did break the respect of the aboriginal people, their culture and traditions.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought even climbing the thing was illegal.

I thought even climbing the thing was illegal.

No, they ask you not to climb it, but not illegal ... which makes her argument even more stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

fixed it now, I just left the 1st line there and got rid of rest, it did change what you said.

But my point of view hasn't changed at all.

If she stripped off outside Mecca (an outdoor area of religious significance) I doubt anyone would be saying she shouldn't be deported (if she survived!)

She'd probably get stoned to death for doing that outside Mecca, which would be an irrational and disproportionate response. Just as deporting her for this would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

By getting her tits out.

She didn't get her tits out, or strip off.
    She took off her top to reveal a bikini top, and did a bit of a dance. Considering the temp up there, I doubt she is the first person up there in a bikini top.

The media calling her a stripper, and using phrases like naked, nude and strip tease is overkill imo.

• Advertisement

Ah I was under the impression she was naked bar bikini bottoms and white high heels. The images I've seen, blurred for alleged decency, appear to demonstrate she's naked bar heels and bikini bottoms.

TBH I still think it's crass, regardless of her precise state of undress.

As for them demanding her deportation - what sort of visa is she on? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not according to a piece I read on it.
    Then again, maybe the author of that piece took up bikini as a top and that one was correct.

Mellor wrote: »
    She didn't get her tits out, or strip off.
    She took off her top to reveal a bikini top, and did a bit of a dance. Considering the temp up there, I doubt she is the first person up there in a bikini top.

She did get her tits out, she did strip off (semi naked) and was parading around in a G-String, a white cowboy hat and high heels.

This was 100% planned, as she was wearing a completely different outfit when she climbed up.

you make it sound like she was hot and she took off her top to cool down, she did this 100% as a self marketing stunt.

have a look at the pictures attached and tell me she didn't get her tits or strip off

Mods: Images attached, can see a bare back and a G-string, no breasts

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mods: Images attached, can see a bare back and a G-string, no breasts

What bloody use is that?!

:pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What bloody use is that?!

:pac:

She's saving them for her new movie

"In Her Roo" or "Ayer's Cock" "Abbeys original spear hunter"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

As for them demanding her deportation - what sort of visa is she on? Anyone know?

Ive never met any European bar the Irish who was on anything bar a one year WHV. Why they simply plan for a 6 month holiday here and definitely want to go home I dont know.

Fcuk me, the amount of strippers, rub and tuggers and hookers Ive known here on a social basis is pretty damn high (at least 9 from England, France, Switzerland, Oz, Canada and Germany). Are these professions actually common in the rest of Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Fcuk me, the amount of strippers, rub and tuggers and hookers Ive known here on a social basis is pretty damn high (at least 9 from England, France, Switzerland, Oz, Canada and Germany). Are these professions actually common in the rest of Europe?

Well what do you expect if your in the cross the whole time...kidding.

She got what she wanted - attention and youtube hits (I said Hits).

While I agree its a sacred site I do have an issue how the "native title holders" (get me being all pc) pick their battles when it involves non indigenious people. There are many other sacred sites and some of what goes on there is dreadful amoung their own (drink/drugs/sex). I am thinking of issues in an area in north west NSW in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Besides aborigine women traditionally dance topless. So what is the big deal?

Their dances have complex deep meaning spirituality rather than self promoting sexual exhibitionism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

lg123 wrote: »
    i would expect more from a european.

I dont know what you would expect from a european? this was a individual act by a tasteless attention seeking tramp...

Advertisement