Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EnCore Acquisitions - anyone heard of?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My immediate reaction is that it must be one of these door to door sales companies.

I don't know for sure or anything, but it fits the mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The name sounds like some sort of debt collection agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 porqueno

Does sound dodge - but wanted to check it out in case, was also interested to know what these companies do, it's bloody awful that they feel they can go out and firstly bully new employees into doing this work and then try to bully the public into buying off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since you don't know what they do yet maybe it's a bit early to say say they are bullies?
    EnCore Acquisitions is one of the fastest growing companies in Ireland and the Uk in 2010, We work under an umbrella of companies which continue to beat the recession and expand and progress within the industry, where our goal is to become the fastest growing and most effective Direct Marketing Firm in Ireland and Europe and by opening 45 new offices last year we are establishing ourselves as a one stopshop for clients marketing and sales needs.
    Sounds like either door-to-door or leaflets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

direct marketing = door to door

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, I just had Bord Gáis here trying to persuade me to leave Airtricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

biko wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I just had Bord Gáis here trying to persuade me to leave Airtricity.

I had Airtricity here a while ago asking me to change from ESB:rolleyes:
    Interrrupted her to tell her we don't have gas, to which she asked do we have electricity!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Interrrupted her to tell her we don't have gas, to which she asked do we have electricity!!:confused:

Had Airtricity here an hour ago..

Him I'm with airtricity and..

Me No thanks

Him You could save..

Me No thanks

Him But you will save..

Me No thanks

Him But..

Me OUT TA FCUK...

/end of story :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,946 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I used to be mean to telemarketers and door-to-door sales folks, 'til a few friends ended up doing in during the last recession I lived thru. (Sheesh, I sound old!)

Polite but firm is my approach now: "No thanks, have a nice evening" <close door quickly>.

Like the others I'm 99.9% certain Encore are door-to-door sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

martyboy48 wrote: »

Me No thanks

Him You could save..

Me No thanks

Him But you will save..

Me No thanks

Him But..

Me OUT TA FCUK...

-I know they are annoying (have very stubborn visitor myself today - yes ecore something!), but dont you feel sorry for them? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 porqueno

I was probably jumping the gun with the bully bit but had two 'ladies' at the door the other day and it took alot of reassuring them that I was indeed in the middle of my dinner and when I asked who they were with they insisted it was better if they just came in to explain.....I only wanted a quick, 'I'm with such and such'....or....'I represent this company/group', sounded too much like they wanted to get in the door so it would be harder for me to call the shots.

But yes in my experience 'direct marketing' generally does = door to door

thanks for all the info folks

and yes I do feel bad for the nice ones, then there are the pushy ones and I feel differently there

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Bord Gáis have entered the market as an alternative electricity supplier like Airtricity. So, there's no requirement for you to be a gas customer to use their electricity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Airtricity annoyed me about a month ago, I asked them when "de gash" was coming out my way and she had the damnable cheek to say "next year" :D:D :D so I said "come back to me then so"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

porqueno wrote: »
    Does anyone have information on this company?

I see they are currently looking for "Entry level trainee sales and marketing managers (no experience required)" in the Galway and Sligo area

I feel a bit wary of companies such as this that have limited information online and don't clearly state what their business is and, also, who are taking on people with limited or no experience....

any experience or knowledge of them would be greatly appreciated

thanks all in advance

Had an interview in the past.

They sell door to door and get paid a fee for each sale/convert.

I got through the first interviews but lost interest when I saw what they did.

Said you be getting 80-100k after 6-10months.

Absolute rubbish id say.

A load of early 20s kids selling electricity and mobile phone packages door to door. That's it really.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What do you mean by convert? Are they asking you to recruit other sellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

Das Kitty wrote: »
    What do you mean by convert? Are they asking you to recruit other sellers?

As in switch people from one company to the company they represent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tilly818

martyboy48 wrote: »

Me No thanks

Him You could save..

Me No thanks

Him But you will save..

Me No thanks

Him But..

Me OUT TA FCUK...

sO ENCORE ACQUISITIONS IS A DIRECT SALES COMPANY. WE WORK WITH PEOPLE LIKE AIRTRICITY VICTORIA JACKSON AND VODAFONE...

Ok so i ave worked with Encore Acquisitions.. and the above conversation would only happen because of one thing..the guy was new....
    i have trained people in encore and the first thing you do wen you start workin there is you ask are you sure???? but you could save......
    THE MANAGEMENT DO NOT CONDONE THIS AT ALL.. THE THING WE TELL THEM TO DO IS WEN THEY ARE HOT BY AN OBJECT IS GOOD OK COOL YOUR NOT INTERESTED IN SAVE MONEY. HAVE A LOVELY DAY. AND ON WITH OUR WAY..... YES WE DO GET THE FEW LADS/GALS WHO ARE A BIT PUSHY BUT IF THEY GET COMPLAINED ABOUT 4 TIMES THEY GET SACKED

OK SO GET THE LONG ON SHORT OF IT IF YOUR DESPERATE FOR MONEY WANT A GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND JUST A BRILLIANT TIMEAPPLY IF YOU A STUCK UP PERSON WHO AS NEVER WORKED A DAY IN YOUR LIFE DONT BOTHER........

AND I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY I WORKED THERE 9 MONTHS AND NOW I WORK WITH BROWN THOMAS... THE EXPERIENCE I GOT FROM ENCORE WAS PRICELESS SO I'M I WORK IN A MULLIBILLION COMPANY AND I'M ONLY 20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What is it about salespeople and inappropriate capitalisation ???

We'll stop here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement